Tactics

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Zero_Harker, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Zero_Harker Private

Message Count:
    A couple of things I've been focusing on whilst playing to ensure an advantage on my side.

1. Leave all dead on the battlefield until you control the sector, that way you can recoup them without using energy.
    2. Harvest every last bit of land once the sector is yours to ensure plenty of resources!
    3. It doesn't cost energy to fire, so get into a suitable position as early as possible.
    4. Consider deploying artillery first and wearing the enemy down from a distance before sending in a heap of troops.
    5. Following a successful victory take every dead unit home for repair/analysis.
    6. Get your probes/infantry into buildings (or at least cover) ASAP.
    7. Use Trucks/APCs to move infantry around the battlefield quicker.

I hope this was useful
    Ewan Lamont likes this.
  2. Gareth Corporal

Message Count:
    Thanks, I've just got my artillery and will try your 4th tip. On your first tip, it depends how useful the unit is left on the battlefield - I cannot build APC's and only have one salvaged one - so if that goes down, I always try and retrieve it.

Update: Artillery worked swag. Next 30 energy I will be able to capture the zone for sure.
  3. Jemma Corporal

Message Count:
    This is how I've been playing it but same as Gareth - I need to try out number 4!

thanks!
  4. Zero_Harker Private

Message Count:
    Yah it was definitely working in the earlier stages of having an Artillery but the scaling makes it hard to keep up with unless you keep dragging it around with a truck etc. Always fire an artillery before towing aswell 'cause you lose the move if you tow first.
  5. Josh James

Message Count:
    Nice Zero,

I found that helicopters and tanks can often go for the nearest unit towards them, so I've distracted them with probes to give my artillery a chance to destroy them first.

This helped loads taking out the very first helicopter when I had limited resources
  6. Zero_Harker Private

Message Count:
    Good strat, I'll have to do the same, maybe try and get a speed upgrade for the speed of probes or combat drones to keep 'em running