Testers wanted - PVP first look

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Overwatch, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    beta-testers-needed.png

Hey all,

I'm sure the title speaks for itself really, the moment you've all been waiting for, LIVE PVP! We've spent some time testing the functionality of PVP internally amongst ourselves in the office, but now need to test at a much grander scale, and start collecting data from various different players. We want PVP to be as smooth as possible, so testing is essential if we want to make this work.

At the moment we have a few active testers via the beta testing channel but are looking for more of you folks to join in. If this is something that interests you, and you'd like to battle it out against other community members here on the forums, then please do feel free to let us know.

These are probably the easiest ways to sign-up for testing, and for me to get you access to the beta testing channel:
    - Respond to this thread, let me know what your Device is, and why you want to test PVP.
    - Send me a direct message by visiting my profile, and heading over to the "Information" tab.

Look forward to seeing how many of you are excited to see PVP finally coming!
  2. Ead101 Private

Message Count:
    Hi, I'm interested. I have an iPad and I'm interested in testing over PvP because of the potential challenge over AI (which is... Not easy to beat, but certainly predictable)
    OverWatch likes this.
  3. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Excellent. I'll drop you a direct message now so that we can discuss this further!
  4. LathotHead Major

Message Count:
    I'd definitely be interested! Given my situation with internet, I might not get as many battles logged as others might, but sometimes I can manage a 4G hotspot connection on my front porch. 1st gen NVidia Shield Tablet. PvP always leaves you with new challenges and strategies. Everybody plays different and you never know what to expect. Playing against AI can definitely be predictable.
    OverWatch likes this.
  5. TheNalleweg Private

Message Count:
    Overwatch,

I would love to play test, PVP, for you!?! I'm currently running on iOS. iPad Mini 2 & iPhone 6S.

As for why... I can't come up with a reason why I wouldn't want to help!?! Love Mordheim!?!

Sincerely,
    TheNalleweg
    OverWatch likes this.
  6. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Will drop you both a direct message now!
  7. TheNalleweg Private

Message Count:
    Will we be using existing warbands? Or have to create new one?
  8. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    You will have to create new Warbands. The data used on testing builds (Alpha & Beta) are completely different to the ones that we use on the live version of Mordheim: WS.
  9. requiemnex Private

Message Count:

Hello, I use an IPhone 7+ and a few different computer apps that emulate a cell phone, mainly a samsung.

I am interested in testing pvp because I really want to see this game succeed. I love mordheim on tabletop, the pc game, and was elated when I found out that there was a phone game. My RL friend and I play our warbands in single player frequently and lament about not being able to krump one another.

Beyond my interest, I have beta tested many classic games such as Guildwars 1, Everquest, Ultima Online, and a few other small name titles. I have a solid understanding of how bugs, exploits, and balance works and feel like I can provide help in preventing these things with your game.
  10. Iain Private

Message Count:
    Hi there,
    I'm interested. I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 and already play.
    Thanks
  11. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Excellent!

If your friend would like to partake as well, by all means, let them know we can get them setup as long as they sign up to the forums. You'll be able to connect to one-another once PvP is in Beta with ease as you know each other in real life and will be able to recognise each others Warband names.

Seen as though you have prior experience testing games, and are obviously familiar with the process, I'll drop you a direct message now letting you know what we'd require you to do.
  12. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Hi, Iain!

Thanks for putting yourself forward for testing. I'll message you directly so that we can get you setup, and let you know what we'd require from you as a tester.
  13. Steve Gibbs Private

Message Count:
    I have an iPad air first addition running the latest OS. I am interested.
    OverWatch likes this.
  14. Marshall Private

Message Count:
    I would love to help test. I am running android O on a Pixel XL. I love Mordheim and would love to see/help this game progress and grow.
    OverWatch likes this.
  15. Rncry Private

Message Count:
    Awesome :) I have an iPad Pro 10.5 and an iPhone 6.

I've already harassed your support guys on twitter with questions and issues so would love to help out testing :)

I'm on GMT if that helps and have testing experience.
    OverWatch likes this.
  16. haunter Private

Message Count:
    I'm interested! Pvp challenge sounds as a great way to play! I'm already playing, on a OnePlus One
    OverWatch likes this.
  17. TheNalleweg Private

Message Count:
    IMG_1963.JPG

...and that's only #Day1!!!
  18. Salty_V Private

Message Count:
    I am interested! Sign me up! I have an I-Pad...
    OverWatch likes this.
  19. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Thanks for making me aware that you're all interested in testing! We're privatising the Testers section today so that non-testers don't have access to the section, so if you have any feedback for us when testing, just drop your thoughts in a thread.

Expect a message from me soon.
  20. DTay88 Corporal

Message Count:
    I'd love to test. Have an Android phone
    Overwatch likes this.