The Best Warband Build

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Shuai The Great, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Shuai The Great Corporal

Message Count:
    5 Warlocks who Max Level of WS, Strength, Attack, Wound, Speed, Flight Spell, Fire Spell and Sword Spell. and 3 Shooters who mostly equip Long Rifle & Sight, Max of All Shooting Skills except crossbow skill and pistolier skill.

This warband can use different tactics to face any type of opponent's warband.

If opponent is good at Melee, you can use Fire Spell and range attack to weak them, and hit and run.

If opponent is good at shooting, you can use buildings to block sight of opponent's shooter and quick approach and close combat.

If opponent is heavy magic warband like double DOOM , you can let your captain warlock who has learned Hidden & Perception skill and equip Lanterns to seek opponent's necromancer and vampire and let your shooter to attack.

And i never lost ONE Game since this warband building whether opponents were AI or Players
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

And i am building another Marienburg warband with this group. It makes a little bit of a difference but The same tactics.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Double Misfire likes this.
  2. FlaminGallahs2089 Major

Message Count:
    How would you deal with heavy armour melee bands, especially like late game middenheimers?

Curious, as outside of necros I have always been useless with magic.
    Sierra19 likes this.
  3. Shuai The Great Corporal

Message Count:
    Heavy Armour is always NOT problom for this warband. 5 warlock use 100% successful Fire ball and 100%hit * (1 - AC/100) , if AC is 60, then i have 40% landing 1 wound, and one fire ball has 4 damage, each damage has 40% success. So we can use hit and run, no heavy armour waband can win because of exhausted .
  4. Shuai The Great Corporal

Message Count:
    I have upload a battle report vs AI. This is an example for this warband fighting style.
  5. Shuai The Great Corporal

Message Count:
    Another Battle Report with the same poor AI.

I let my Captain flight to the centre of the map, and scout the enemy's action.

And my shooters can shooting from one side to opposite side through the whole map.

6. Double Misfire Major

Message Count:
    Haha, I've been thrashed by you at pvp. Your warband rating felt way, way too low even then, and I'm now shocked at how high level your guys are compared to the warband I faced you with that had a rating about 1000 higher; balance pass on how warlocks affect warband rating please devs?
  7. Shuai The Great Corporal

Message Count:
    nice to meet you! not the warlocks affects the rating, but the weapons and wargears. if my all five warlocks equiping two handed axes and heavy armours , and the rating of my warband will doulbed. Because of they all equiping staffs and robes, they can keep the rating on the lower level. when they cast spells, their abilities will instant explosion.
    Double Misfire likes this.
  8. Double Misfire Major

Message Count:

Nice to meet you too. :)

I was the Bögenhafen Bushwhackers, another Reiklander warband - I think it came down to a bit of a slugging match between our captains in the middle of the map, I'm up for a rematch sometime in the forseeable if you are. :D

I'd noticed that wizard robes didn't increase warband rating when the new rating system first appeared, interesting.
  9. Jesse Shaffer Major

Message Count:
    I would argue that there is no single best warband build—that best is individual and is whatever someone finds the most fun to play. With that said, some builds are more effective than others and some are just flat out unwise. A properly done wizard’s council, as it were, is definitely one of the better ones.

It’s also easier to level than its undead counterpart. Human captains generally won’t blow your rating skyhigh with simple core stat increase but a vampire sure can. I’ve always kept mine at 5 members for the sake of purity but I’ll have to make one with snipers some time. I can see how that would be a lot of fun too.
  10. Shuai The Great Corporal

Message Count:

yes. i will play pvp use this warband sometimes.
  11. Shuai The Great Corporal

Message Count:

i mean the best of mine. :D everybody has his own best warband.
  12. Shangular Major

Message Count:
    Looks like a fun build. I'd love to try out a game against you. If you want to join Discord we can set up a time.
  13. Keovar Corporal

Message Count:
    I thought the blue wizards were named Alatar and Pallando.
    The ruling organization of wizards in The Dresden Files are also called The White Council, but they tend to chop the heads off of warlocks and other violators of the laws of magic.
  14. Shuai The Great Corporal

Message Count:
    i have dismissed the whole warband only leave the captain to become an one-man warband. and that's an awesome change !