The best way to have your say!

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by Overwatch, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    At the moment there isn't any more news on the PvP front. It's something we definitely want to implement, but will be a lot of work! I like the idea of being able to invite players from a friends list, and set up your own tournament lobbies. We'll make sure that we keep you updated whenever we have any news on the PvP sides of things though... As it'll be really exciting! (And we'll probably need you guys to test the features out).

Keep on posting your suggestions though if any pop in your head, they are much appreciated, and help a lot when deciding what to do for key aspects of the game like this.
  2. Lithurin Private

Message Count:
    Also a fan of asynchronous play, but i know of only one other game (apart from online chess) that does it which was Chaos reborn, not sure if anyone has heard of it, and I haven't played in a fair while think a cross between hearthstone and chess or Duelyst if anyone has played that. Was a definite bonus to the game but the fact that it's the only one that has done it makes me think it's probably a nightmare to get working right, at this stage not sure it's where developers focus should be. But I haven't actually played so that is pure speculation
    OverWatch likes this.
  3. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:
    I am no tech and coding wizard in any sense of the word, but I'm envisioning handing back and forth the game state (which is already stored in some capacity because you can quit out and re-enter a match). In my mind, there seems to be some overlap possible with the framework needed for cloud saving, and the framework needed for volleying a PVP battle back and forth.

Also, I fully understand that I don't understand what a massive amount of work this will likely take. I guess I can keep chiming in with my take, and hope some sticks :)
    OverWatch likes this.
  4. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    We have spoke about it, and agree that it'd be a really interesting aspect to implement within the game! If it's possible for us to do so we will let you know of course... And keep you updated with any changes on that front. At the moment we haven't looked into it further, but it may pose a lot of work for the team. So we shall see if this is a possibility for us! As we know that you guys like the idea.
  5. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:

Yep, you guys have your list, and know what takes how much work. I think the PVP aspect would be one of those high work, high reward bits. It's no small feat (nor medium, or large feat - it's a big undertaking!).
    OverWatch likes this.
  6. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    PVP will be a game-changer! We'd love to be able to do it that's for sure
    morjax likes this.
  7. Lem213 Private

Message Count:
    That would actually be preatty fun. Also, will it be more than 2 players, because some of the best games were the ones with 3-4 players.
    Magnus likes this.
  8. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:

I agree. I don't know if there has been any official statement on 3-4 player games, nor perhaps a guarantee for PVP, but I certainly hope so. PVP opens whole new vistas, as you can't take advantage of the silly things the AI does. Human players play for keeps :D I would be absolutely thrilled with a PVP ranking system (whether synchronous, or asynchronous). A tournament framework would also be top shelf.

But then again, you all already know my take on these matters :p
    Magnus and Lem213 like this.
  9. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    We where discussing PVP in the office not long ago, so it's still on the tables!

A tournament system may be in-line too ;) you'll all just have to wait and see...
    Magnus and morjax like this.
  10. Magnus Private

Message Count:
    I totally agree: PvP will make the game much more challenging and dramatically increase its replayability! Any good tactical mind can defeat the AI, unless there are some pretty strong debuffs.

The possibility to play games with 3-4 players, as it was the case with the tabletop version, would make all (but not only) Mordheim fans never get tired of playing this game.
    morjax likes this.
  11. Lem213 Private

Message Count:
    You guys should reales the game and the skaven on easter, because the Easter bunny couldn't make it, so it is all up to the great Easter rat to make things right.
    OverWatch likes this.
  12. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Update on PvP! We've been playing on a local host amongst ourselves (some technical difficulties understandably as it isn't near completion) but overall a really exciting prospect for us.

Just thought you should all be aware PvP is still on the tables! May be in a future update if we can't get it in on release.
  13. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:

OOOHH! Can you share any details about the nature of it, or is it still in flux? Obviously, there's a whole host of features that are important to the game, but in my mind, PVP is the single most powerful one in terms of engaging the player base, bringing in new groups, and keeping people returning and making new bands. PVP will give the game some legs :)
  14. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Likewise, PvP is really important to us! It really isn't in a playable state at the moment other than locally amongst ourselves. But we've been looking into it to see what would be the best route to go down in order to accomplish this successfully...

There isn't really much info I can give on this at the moment I'm afraid. But when I can, you'll most definitely be made aware!
  15. Lem213 Private

Message Count:
    You guys should have a multiplayer campiegn mode, sort of like the mobile blood bowl, so that you can play a multiplayer campaign.(just less buggy)
  16. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Thanks for the suggestion Lem!
  17. Reinhardt Private

Message Count:
    Love the idea of friends list PvP for the same reason. Enjoyed the videos too Morjax!
    Reinhardt
    morjax, Lem213 and OverWatch like this.
  18. Alpha Omega Private

Message Count:
    I'd just like to start by saying Great Game:).

next thing is I seriously think that there should be more diversity between the types of warbands, as at the moment the Reiklands are the best since they can lvl up in anything where as the Middenheim's bonus 1+ str and wounds isn't that usefull and looses archery advanced skills and the Marienburg's extra gold and rarity bonuse looses against the no close combat advanced skills.

I just think that the pro's of the Middenheim and Marienburg aren't really worth the money spent on getting them, if middenheim mercenaries had advanced combat skills that no other side could get and marienburg mercenaries got advanced archery skills unique just to them, it would be so much better as then you can have distinctly different "flavours" to each faction without seeming to be choosing a faction with less versatility.

just my 2 cents.

again Great Game.
  19. Alpha Omega Private

Message Count:
    Also not sure if anyone else is getting but when ever I start a new warband (rage delete :rolleyes:) I deselect the tutorial active option and start the process of a new warband I have to go through the tutorial even though it's deselected , I think a little tweeking might be in order.
    OverWatch likes this.
  20. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Thanks for the feedback Alpha Omega!!

The tutorial issues are something I picked up on earlier this week, and I believe someone else has mentioned it on the forums too. We'll have a fix for that heading your way in no time, so try not to rage delete your Warbands until then, unless you can handle playing through the tutorial for the gazillionth time ;).