The best way to have your say!

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by Overwatch, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Chaosticket Major

Message Count:
    Hmm. Ive played the Mordheim the miniature game and the different bonuses from Reikland, Middenheim, and Marienburg are quite similar to what they have their. However In the miniature version there are "hero" units that gain alot of special skills like +chance to hit while changing and "Henchmen" that are expendable and only gain statistic increases, not skills. Marksmen were of the Henchmen, aka Mooks with Bows. No Marksmen every gain Trick Shooter, Quick SHot, etc. They just got Shooting SKill 4(0), or 5(0) for Reikland.

The differences is that in Warband SKirmish those minor penalties become huge as they effect your entire party. No Strength skills for Marienburg is a massive penalty once you realize that HIT POINTS increases are strength skills. Middenheim lacking shooting skills and as a consequence ranged weapons is also nasty.

Those problems are mostly Warband Skirmish's fault by being an adaptation that takes liberties.
    ================
    Personally I want something done about the Permanent Wounds. I know it was originally part of the miniature game, but that game made new characters, aside from your warband leader, cheap to replace. Retiring a one-legged henchmen was easy so long as you werent incompetent and using your guys like cannon fodder. Here, replacing someone costing 100-200 gold when you earn so little so that isnt a real option.

I HOPE there is the possibility to find more Fate Tokens to alleviate this problem at least. If Not I think this game is Pay-to-win. Permanent wounds start adding up and Ive seen some of my AI enemies(or at least I think they are AI) having free elite Freelancers with heavy armor and multiple skills.

If the game becomes dependent on buying Fate Tokens I will be forced to quit. I actually like this game
  2. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Chaosticket!

The price of units increase through the Tavern as your Warband grows, so it's definitely more challenging to get more units as you progress through the game. This is as it's intended to be, but I can certainly make the team aware of the concerns you've raised today! Which I always do :D

Just so you're aware of how the game works at the moment, you're playing against AI. There is a twist though. The AI warbands you're playing against are ALL player created, so if someone is using a freelancer/pitfighter it is because they've obtained them with Fate coins. Keep in mind the AI you come up against (as they're player created) will also have skills too, depending on how they've built their Warband.

I've been collating ideas by the community around possible ways of earning Fate coins in the game, so if you've got any ideas on how you would like to be able to earn Fate please let us know.
  3. Chaosticket Major

Message Count:
    #1 Find Fate Tokens on maps. #2 Rewards for watching Advertisement videos. #3 Gifts from Legendary Games

Edit: I honestly think removing Permanent wounds/Kills would help a lot of the problems. Gold from wyrdstone is much lower relatively(things can cost 10 times as much but Wyrdstone gives the same) than the miniature game. In that buying expensive things was generally a bad idea as the cost of most things were higher than having a lot of characters with cheap weapons like Clubs. In this upgrading with expensive equipment is more useful as there is a smaller cap on maximum characters, but that is countered by most items costing HUNDREDS of gold when you only get a small amount per Wyrdstone shard. So making a small but highly equipped warband is unlikely.
    --------------
    In a different issue, Is it possible to find items on maps? I remember finding a Talab Knife in my first battle but since then I havent found any items. I dont think Ill ever have any high quality equipment like Armor or Long Rifles at this rate.

I dont know how this the metagaming will be changed with Skaven in the future. Skaven are supposed to be cheap and fast characters with few ranged weapons, so basically the opposite of current warbands. Edit: They would probably have to be 25% cheaper and have 25-50% higher warband members capacity
  4. etherkye Major

Message Count:
    Adverts, on a paid for app, hell no.

You can find items in boxes, but they are mostly crappy knives. However if you loot bodies in later game matches you can find some really awesome stuff, I once found Gromril armour!
  5. Chaosticket Major

Message Count:
    I didnt see any cost to download on Mordheim Warband Skimish.

I can see 2 possibilities.

#1 People dont pay a thing. The game eventually reaches the point of being unplayable as you have your warband characters being maimed or dying. That creates a snowball effect as permament damage builds up until you cant afford anything or your last character dies, broke. Delete warband and/or delete the game from your phone.

#2 You buy tokens to heal or resurrect your characters. That is a different snowball. If you have characters dying the cash cost accumulates and there isnt anything to prevent situations where you have multiple deaths in a single day or per battle. "oh wow I just lost 7$ in a 5 minute battle!", rage quit and demands for refunds.

Permanent Injuries and deaths really feel like a hidden subscription cost. I would rather pay a flat rate for a game then repeatedly purchase "life insurance" for my characters.

Advertisements are a compromise.
  6. etherkye Major

Message Count:
    Android get it free, iPhone users pay.

However removing death would remove any form of risk and some warbands will become so powerful they'll never be beaten.

You need the risk.
  7. Chaosticket Major

Message Count:
    If your goal is to risk cash fine. My goal is to work out a longterm game model that people can enjoy. If it can be the basis for a multi-million dollar game with the Playstation 4, hey thats even better.

Even then the "risk" is only how much money youre willing to put in. If you buy a bunch of mercenaries or keep resurrecting your characters than youll quickly reach "pay-2-win" status

Edit: Daily Login Fate tokens. I think the Fate-priced characters should be more costly or otherwise better balanced. Im seeing more and more situations of them being used as "Tank" characters and gold saved to do things like buy Hochland Long Rifles.
  8. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:

I just want to add in something I didn't realize right away: although iOS users pay for the app, they also get all three warbands free, whereas android users get Reikland free, and have to pay a bit for Middenheim and Marienburg, so the price is about the same if you want all three factions.
  9. etherkye Major

Message Count:
    Not quite the point.

I paid for the app, I don't want adverts. Adverts in a paid for app is bad.
  10. Chaosticket Major

Message Count:
    If you have an ideas about earning Fate Tokens I would like to see/hear them.
  11. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:

Not sure is this is sent my way or not. This is under discussion in a few places on the forums right now, but my take is that there should be some way to reward veteran players. That may take the shape of rare fate coin drops from loot, fate after X number of matches (every 10-20 matches you get a coin just for playing?). Something that would reward high involvement and not be excessively cheesable (like just leaving the game running to accrue gametime, or spam-creating a bunch of new warbands and then deleting them). That's my thoughts, at least. That all said, I'm not part of the dev team, just an enthusiastic community member, so I don't have any control over which way the devs take it. I do know they are taking pains to listen, accrue, and consider all the many thoughts being offered on the matter.
  12. Chaosticket Major

Message Count:
    I think Daily Login rewarding tokens would be the most reasonable option. In that cases its a matter of how much?
    --------
    Its would be nice if there was a better separation between "Common" and "rare" items in the shop. Common Items like Spear, Greataxe and Light Armor, should be always available, but rare item Like the Hochland Long Rifle may have 0 in the shop, like the Mordheim Miniature game. It would make the Captain skills for finding rare items more useful for finding rarities.
    OverWatch likes this.
  13. ScubaSteve Major

Message Count:
    A reward for veteran players is a great idea but so is an end game. I like anything that gives players a reason to come back to the game.

Additionally, what is the point of grinding to get your Warband built up? Is it just to get to #1 the Leaderboards or to max out your warriors in skills?

In the Mordheim fluff, warbands are venturing into Mordheim to help their faction win the civil war tearing the empire apart. Maybe there is a meta game where your actions can actually aid your faction in winning control of the empire.
  14. Chaosticket Major

Message Count:
    Making a score for which of the 3 human treasure hunter factions would be nice but right now that would be really broken. Most warbands are reikland so it would automatically be them winning.

Instead maybe have a weekly score that resets? The higher you are ranked or more battles youve done in that faction at the end the better reward you get.

It would make choosing other factions more appealing as being an active Marienburg warband may be easier than trying to compete with all the Reiklanders.
    ScubaSteve05 likes this.
  15. ScubaSteve Major

Message Count:
    Having our warbands tied to the meta game of the fight for the Empire is something I always wanted to see. However, considering that you have to pay for the other human warbands it is a bit unfair. It would be nice if Legendary could make the three starting human warbands free and just charge for Skaven, Undead ect warbands that would balance it out a bit.

Of and I really like that Idea of ranked warbands within each faction, that is a great idea.
  16. Chaosticket Major

Message Count:
    Oh please dont remind me of that. I want Skaven out badly but I dont want a price tag.
  17. ScubaSteve Major

Message Count:
    LOL if they charged for Middenheim and Marienburg you know they are going to charge for Skaven its okay they just need to keep the price reasonable. I have already spent more money on this game than I have for any other and I am still coming back.

One thing I would REALLY like to see however, is a means of earning Fate in game. Now that might be a topic worth starting a new thread about.
  18. Chaosticket Major

Message Count:
    #4 daily logins
  19. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:

Kind of like what "For Honor" does with it's rounds of control?
  20. Richard Private

Message Count:
    Could we get dwarves please? I know they have a lot of problems in the actual table top game. But but if you put them, you don't have to go strictly by the table top game, give them some cool dwarven abilities. I love dwarves a lot, and I would appreciate them to be put in