The best way to have your say!

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by Overwatch, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Chaosticket Major

Message Count:
    I would LOVE dwarves. Even if you just put them in with entirely human equipment, fine. If you gave them their unique heroes, equipment, and skills that would be great.

Dwarf Slayers forever.
    TheWizardWatley and Figs like this.
  2. Nekerjelnezest Private

Message Count:
    OK, here we go:

1. Dead warriors take their equipment to the grave. This is not good. You should be able to recover it, to reduce the suffered loss.
    2. Ranged doesn't work. I tried to build a decent ranged character, but it was completely useless. Enemy on the other hand does 3 dmg hits with bows consistently.
    3. Economy is broken. You have 100 gold hire for 4th character, but you get less gold for shards with larger warbands. This makes the game too grindy.
    4. You should be able to select the characters to deploy, not always take all your characters to a mission. This would make warband design easier.
    5. Better explanation why a hit can miss, do 0 dmg with armor sign, or be parried with 0 or more damage. It is not clear, even for someone with a basic idea about Mordheim rules.
    6. Better explanation for skills. Had to figure too long, what numbers in brackets are, and what related skills do.
    7. Go for pre-made maps. Loading times are too long for a mobile game. The maps look the same anyway, no reason to generate them.
    Figs likes this.
  3. Chaosticket Major

Message Count:
    #1 no, otherwise youre removing half the reason of having a death mechanic in the first place. Yes I know dying sucks, especially in Warband Skirmish where its all about having maxed out characters rather than a big warband.

It would be better if the Dying and Permanent injuries mechanic was just removed as it serves no purpose other than to pressure players to spend money to resurrect and heal your characters.

#2 I know ranged sucks. Its partly because the penalties for Cover and Distance are MUCH higher than in the original Mordheim game. You can remove the Cover penalties, but not distance. Best ranged weapons in the game, Long Rifles, still miss often.

Its also an issue of armor being broken. You can get 50-70%+ chances to be immune to damage, and with high Wounds/Hit Points characters can take 50 shots from supposedly "armor-piercing" weapons and still not go down.

Melee attacks can be much more damaging, much better against armor, more attacks per turns, and high critical chances.

#3 Agreed, but getting enough gold for more warband members isnt a problem after the early game. Its more about ow gold from Wyrdstone and high costs for non-basic items(Gromril armor 1200 gold) that bust this game.

#4 agreed. Several turns of the start of matches are often just wasted moving to characters to join up.

#5 and #6 Agreed again. Most of the explanations of how skills work on on this forum, not ingame.
  4. Nekerjelnezest Private

Message Count:
    Loosing your stuff on death is stupid. You can get robbed, if OOA, and you loose? OK. Why can't you rob warbands that you wiped out? Why can't you "rob" your own dead after a win? This is simply not logical.

The economy is broken, but I figured out, that I can sell 1 shard after every mission, and then sell a large bunch if I need gold. The gold/shard doesn't drop after 3-4 shards. I hope I can maintain a good wallet with this method.

#4 idea was about leaving some characters is the camp, and not be forced to bring a complete warband to every mission.
  5. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:

We've been working on this in another thread. Essentially, it's always worth it to sell in increments of 1, 2, 7, or 10 shards at a time. More discussions over yonder.[/quote]
  6. Nekerjelnezest Private

Message Count:

I know, I have the figures from your spreadsheet ;)
  7. Chaosticket Major

Message Count:
    Okay #1 why are multiple shard values reduced and so drastically? Wyrdstone is made from a Comet FROM SPACE with magical properties to just anything like make immortality potions and yet its less valuable than most items in Warband Skirmish like swords?

Its a ruined game economy from the start when you find out Scope Long Rifles, Gromril Armor, and gromril Swords/Greatswords costs hundreds of shards worth and you still have to equip your entire warband.

Your characters can die and the only way to stop that is by bribing Legendary-Games for healing tokens.

Only explanation Ive read is that this game is intentionally impossible to finish.
  8. Figs Private

Message Count:
    Dwarves?!?! ;) but serious slayers or even Gotrex and Felix as a sell sword would be neat! Also can you guys setup like a total purchase not all micro transactions I like the game I'll pay for it just not in 2-5-12 dollar chunks. I don't care if my players die it's part of the miserable existence in the city burned by sigmar great job on the game? Unrelated would you guys ever do a full scale version of fantasy battles?
  9. Raptor Private

Message Count:
    I have an issue that I haven't seen being voiced yet... sort of, but not really.

After a boatload of games and restarts the thing that bothers me most is the tactics that the AI uses.
    It just defeats the whole purpose of playing a wargame/rpg.

First off, the AI has immortal heroes and knows this and just kamikazes them at you. Makes sense, so would I if I could afford to, but I can't. That makes it inherently unfair. It would be nice if AI was also trying to minimize losses. If I could afford to kamikaze like that I wouldn't lose a single game ever.
    Second, the AI doesn't give a rats ass about objectives, shards or anything that a real player would at the very least consider.
    It's horrible, it makes it impossible to come up with any strategy other than:"Find the closest defensible place and hold it against what the AI will throw at you."
    On top of the first consideration this actually makes the whole objectives completely moot, there is no way in hell you're going to avoid a full-on confrontation to the death. In the tabletop game going for the objective while trying to avoid combat was a viable option, in this game it is not.
    Third, in the games where the objective is to grab and hold a number of areas against the enemy there is something weird going on. The AI will just accept a stalemate, park his ass there and not even care. Trying to force you to make the first move.
    Even though in most situations I manage to be creative/daring/insane/whatever enough to climb this obstacle I run into situations where you just can't and you're forced to accept that you'll either spend eternity tapping delay or lose the game.
  10. Trapsinger Major

Message Count:
    I love this game, but haven't posted on the forums much. This seems like the monster suggestion thread though, so I hope i'm in the right place.

I know that you guys are currently testing pvp, and I've very excited about that, but I'm concerned about the Pay to Win nature of hired swords in competitive play. It seems to me that if players who haven't payed yet are always at least one trooper down against players who have payed, that all the players on the fence about investing money in the game will probably quit from frustration over losing, rather than invest money in the game.

So I'd like to suggest two possible solutions to my perceived problem. (If my perception is wrong I'd also love to hear an explanation as to why giving 8 troopers to paying players is balanced against giving 7 troopers to free players).

The solution I would prefer because I feel it more closely matches the spirit and function of hired swords in the old tabletop game, would be to add a gold cost and rarity to hired swords. To be clear, I think that the method of when to display a hired sword or a trooper in the tavern shouldn't change, nor should the option of paying fate to purchase them. What I am suggesting is that after the hired sword is already displayed with a fate cost, a rarity check should then be performed to see if it also has a gold cost. Sometimes you would be able to spend gold on them, and other times not. This would allow warbands with streetwise to have an easier time finding hired swords, and I feel it plays well into the systems already in place in the game. Also in the original tabletop game hired swords were the only way to exceed your maximum warband size, and I like the idea of preserving that in this game.

The other solution, which I like less well, would be to allow the 8th slot in your warband to be filled with a regular non hired sword trooper. For the most part regular troopers can be customized to play however you wish, and can be good enough to be competitive with hired swords. I don't feel like this matches the spirit of the tabletop game as well, but it would allow free players to keep up with paid players, and for those that feel this is important, it would also continue to limit hired swords to paid players. I know that some may feel that these special characters should be preserved for paying players, and while I don't agree with that, I at least understand the concept behind it that premium players should be immediately visually apparent on the battlefield.

Also, just to be clear, I am not a whining free player. I have spent some money on the game, mostly on purchasing the new warbands, and I will continue to do so as more warbands come out. (Especially the sisters! take my money!) But I also know that for pvp to be an interesting and good long term feature that part of what you need is a lot of people to play against. So I would really like it if free players could have just as much fun playing pvp as paid players, so that there are more people for me to kill.
  11. Ewan Lamont
    Administrator

Message Count:
    Thanks for posting
    Thanks for posting. We are all ears to any feedback on the game. Player matching in PvP is going to be one of our key concerns, especially as some players have struggled against the AI. At the moment we are thinking of only notifying closely ranked players of an initiated PVP game whilst also increasing the XP reward and decreasing the injury risk to lower ranked warbands in miss matched battles. We may also add in an option to "perma buy" a hiresword type, like a warband and it be purchasable with gold but we have to be careful about giving a corresponding value to those that pay and those that don't
    TheWizardWatley likes this.
  12. Sir Eyeball Private

Message Count:
    For me I never spend money on a game where you cannot earn the premium content over time. I was considering buying a warband but discovered that Fatepoints are behind a paywall only. If you slowly could earn Fatepoints I would have No qualms spending money on This. This could be a login bonus or even better something you can find if you are lucky after a good win.
    ScubaSteve likes this.
  13. ScubaSteve Major

Message Count:
    I agree with Sir Eyeball here, if you cannot earn Fate by playing the game then there is no incentive to play. I spent more money on Mordheim this summer than I ever have on any game but stopped playing when I hit my budget limit. I can't believe it is almost December and there is still NO WAY to earn fate organically in the game.

Come on guys, if you had a means of earning fate, no only would I still be playing but I would have still been spending real money too. As it is I am not going to return to Mordheim until you can earn fate IN-GAME.
  14. Andre Sirois Private

Message Count:
    I love tabletop games, plz fix the attacking unlimitedly by the other warbands untill my troops the are in range die!I have played this game in the tabletop version and am very hopeful for this game! P.S. I bought the 100 fate points to support this game do not let me down!
  15. Andre Sirois Private

Message Count:
    I have no trouble with fair ai that do nt cheat with ulimited attacks untill everyone of my warband in reach is dead.
  16. Amaan Shawkath Quality Assurance

Message Count:

I assume you are referring to the Tail Fighting issue. That issue has been fixed in the Android version of Mordheim. It has been fixed on Apple but there is a delay in the reviewing process that Apple does due to Thanksgiving. Once that's done it'll be fixed on Apple too.
  17. Andre Sirois Private

Message Count:
    N
    o not tail fighting issue, its that the AI can have unlimited attacks.Which means that they will attack untill they have killed everyone in their reach , then they will stop attacking.
  18. Algirdas25 Private

Message Count:
    Option to delete unwanted warbands from archives would be nice Screenshot_2018-12-06-20-14-51-830_com.legendarygames.mordheimfree.png