The Cruel Fate of Mordheim!

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Enkmar, May 27, 2017.

1. Enkmar Private

Message Count:
    My warband has seen some hard times! After quite a few successful skirmishes, my Captain, nearly fully equipped, finall fell in battle. And was robbed!

Struggling to get my looted Captain back into fighting action, he fell again. And died!

My warband was made up of level 8-12ish fighters, I believe, except for my new level 2 Marksman... who became my new Captain! He apparently had the best Leadership, and that apparently dictates who becomes Captain of my little band of doomed ones...

But now my Captain can only equip Daggers because he was originally a Marksman, I assume. Is that intended?

It's not all bad. I'm now toying with the idea of am armored rifleman as my Captain. It's just not what I had in mind... but does anyone ever get what they want in the dark streets of Mordheim?

Muahahaha!
    morjax likes this.
  2. etherkye Major

Message Count:
    I think you can use skill points to unlock the ability to hold swords and polearms.

However if your leader IS a rifleman, he'll stay at the back and probably be less likely to get killed again!
  3. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:

Enkmar, I'm sorry to hear the fate of your leader, but you seem to be taking it in stride! That's the mark of a true veteran of the mean streets of Mordheim! I will agree that the mechanics for leader-recruitment are a but opaque, but once again, you seem to be taking it in stride!

I'll tell you from experience that a seasoned marksmen with the unholy trinity of skills (eagle eye, trick shooter, and fast reload) are a force to reckon with!
  4. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    I can vouch for what Morjax is saying. During testing his shooty crew was a force to be reckoned with...

Robbed and then killed... that sounds about right for Mordheim! Your Warband has definitely had its fair share of casualties by the sounds of things.

If you're looking at upgrading your new leader to be able to equip better melee weaponry I'd recommend looking into the "Weapon Master" Skill! That'll open up your options to more than just a dagger. If you're going in that sort of direction though I'd also look into increasing his weapon skill... charging into battle with someone that has a low weapon skill is just a recipe for disaster.

I wish you the best of luck with your new leader, hopefully he doesn't have the same fate as your last, although we both know how brutal it is out there.