THE DAY OF THE HARVESTER HAS ARRIVED!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Overwatch, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Yes, Null, you can stop asking! It's finally here! We're sorry it took so long, but well, its worth the wait - have a read of this release I posted on facebook to find out what else you'll get in this update!

We have some big treats and announcements for you today. The long awaited and anticipated Harvester update is now live. The Harvester is the most iconic unit piece in Year 0: Tactics and we believe the older model that we all know didn't do itself justice. With this in mind, our 3D artist has been working nonstop upgrading the Harvester with more polys, textures and animations, transforming it into the mothership of Tactics!
    This isn't all we’re giving you today though. We’re also very excited to announce the implementation of a new ranking system which will make the game more competitive. Player titles have now been introduced ranging from some low level entry names such as Marauder to prestigious titles which demonstrate your battle capabilities and seasoned knowledge on the game, such as Warlord. Currently, 10 ranking titles exist and you can achieve these ranks in a range of different ways. These currently include:
    The ranking title will appear before your personal name in the high scores table. Let’s see who can achieve the highest rank first!
    Finally, there are some more tweaks and adjustments for the game. We've been focusing on performance and tutorial changes. The tutorial is now easier to understand and will give players a better insight into the game quicker. Additionally, we've made tweaks to farms as they will now award players with more resources. Players will also now find that their bases are significantly cheaper to repair after being pillaged in a raid.
    Let us know what you think of these updates by visiting our forums.

newharvester.jpg
  2. null Corporal

Message Count:
    It looks like a giant spider, I like how it taps its huge claws. The explosion of destroyed units is cool too.
    Will Humphreys and OverWatch like this.
  3. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    What about the new rankings? You can now earn some cool titles!
  4. null Corporal

Message Count:
    I think that its a good way to go. I look forward to seeing how it goes.
  5. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Glad to hear you like all these updates :) Next up - releasing on the iOS store!
  6. Will Humphreys

Message Count:
    Looking forward to an iOS release. That way, I'll be able to play a bit more often :D
  7. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Would you like to get an alpha build of the iOS version when we release it? :)
  8. null Corporal

Message Count:
    What is iOS? Not very tec savvy here.
  9. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Apple devices, iphones, ipods ipads and stuff :)
  10. null Corporal

Message Count:
    So does that have any implications reguarding this version of the game?
  11. BenjiBands Private

Message Count:
    loving the new ranking system! Makes it a lot more competitive.
  12. Will Humphreys

Message Count:
    I would be very interested indeed :D
    OverWatch likes this.