The Three Tenors

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by etherkye, May 30, 2017.

1. etherkye Major

Message Count:
    Just incase anyone see's my warband around when fighting, could you let me know how you fare against them?
    morjax likes this.
  2. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:
    I've not matched up against them, but I'd just like to chime in that I love hearing these battle reports! I'd encourage anyone who has a particularly tough game to share who they went up against and how things transpired! Part of the fun is hearing who put up a fight, who came through against all odds, and who froze up in the heat of battle ;D
  3. etherkye Major

Message Count:
    I was against a really odd warband earlier, who's name I can't remember.

One of the guys had a sword, and no visible armour. However my guys had a 31% chance to hit and where constantly hitting for 0-1 damage with a greatsword! I couldn't hurt him at all! Luckily I manage to take down his archers so he fled as I don't think he was actually killable.
  4. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:

Sounds like Hercules himself, or the blessed of Sigmar, or something! Good you routed them before it got out of hand :/
  5. etherkye Major

Message Count:
    It's the 'Devlans Mud'!

It took 3 rounds, with 4 members armed with greatswords, 3 with maxed out strength buffs and advanced swords master.

I want to know how they do it so I can copy them!
  6. Abides Private

Message Count:
    By Devlan's Mud! That's me.
    I was running my Greatswords with no armour to keep their speed up until I could buy armour mastery. Since then, they've gone up a level or two, I've added the armour skill and light armour.
    If it was Little Rudiger(purple britches), he causes fear, may have had something to do with it. IMG_0748.PNG IMG_0749.PNG IMG_0750.PNG IMG_0751.PNG
    morjax likes this.
  7. Abides Private

Message Count:
    IMG_0752.PNG IMG_0753.PNG IMG_0754.PNG IMG_0755.PNG

Bernd's just the toughest(read luckiest) Reiklander out there.

I am a little curious about the 0-1 damage. Was it showing the shield icon each time? Their defence is boosted through skills.
    How did the AI play them? Running the Greatswords out front like berserkers?

I try to hide the entire group in an ambush with the greatswords in front. As soon as I see hit chances of around 35% with the archers I open fire. The opposing AI tries to charge them, fails because it bumps into the hidden Greatswords. Bern sometimes gets a little enthusiastic if I can't walk him back far enough and plans change.
    And yes, my Archers are all soft. I've never put a survivability skill on any of them, and oddly they keep dying.

Oh, and I don't think swordmaster applies to Greatswords. They're classed as two handers? Just a guess on my part.
    morjax likes this.
  8. etherkye Major

Message Count:
    Well the AI was quite smart and hiding behind cover a lot, although I quite easily took down one of them, I assume Banard, the other was just a pain!

Fear might have had something to do with some of the misses, but one of my guys has frenzy so is immune to that.

Was mostly defence icons, I don't remember their being to many parry icons.

I will say though that you are the toughest opponent I've come up against so far.

I might have to invest in step aside.
    morjax likes this.
  9. etherkye Major

Message Count:
    My Leader

Attached Files:

10. Lem213 Private

Message Count:
    Has anyone gone against my Reikland Reavers(the most stereotypical Reikland name ever)? I want to know if they are good. We have 3 hand gunners, a frenzied leader with 2 pistols(super op in close quarters) a heavily armored knight, an extremely injured warrior, and a new warrior?
  11. etherkye Major

Message Count:
    To be honest, with a name like that I wouldn't remember.
  12. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    I'm on the look out for every ones Warband now... will keep you updated on how they fare against the formidable "Robin Hoods".
  13. etherkye Major

Message Count:
    I need to start work on my INT so I can dodge your arrows :p
  14. etherkye Major

Message Count:
    Sorry!

Attached Files:

OverWatch likes this.
  15. etherkye Major

Message Count:
    I didn't find Robin Hood, but I found the Merry Men!

Attached Files:

16. etherkye Major

Message Count:
    Also I had a REALLY bad game this morning and 2 out of 4 members had to miss a game, so I had just my leader and my 3rd strongest (who was actually my first member).

There was a full 8 of them...

Attached Files:

OverWatch likes this.
  17. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Wow. Honestly, don't know how you managed it! But Bravo. That's impressive, Sir.

Give yourself multiple pats on the back for that one...
  18. etherkye Major

Message Count:
    Great swords and heavy armour against 1 handed weapons and light armour. You just need to stun them and move on, don't go for the kill as it'll leave you open to be attacked more.
  19. JasonRed3 Private

Message Count:
    If anyone fights my 'Salty Dogs" let me know!
    morjax and OverWatch like this.