Thoughts from a Mordheim newbie.

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by BrightSabre, Nov 28, 2017.

1. BrightSabre Private

Message Count:
    As someone who has only just started playing through Warband Skirmish recently, I have to say this is quite an enjoyable game. I was somewhat unfamiliar with Mordheim before this, as it would have come out when I was around 2-3 and discontinued in 2004 when I was 6. However, I was into 40k for a while.

The game itself is also quite fun. I don't usually play turn-based strategy games but I found it quite engaging and looking forward to the sisters of Sigmar faction when that comes out. Out of all the good things like the lore written in the missions and the easy to use mechanics; the only thing I have against the game is the in-app purchases on the iOS version. I understand when it comes to the free version on android but it would be nice to have an option to earn the fate points in-game unless there is something I am missing given I've only been properly been playing this game for around an hour.
    TheWizardWatley likes this.
  2. BrightSabre Private

Message Count:
    To add to my points above, I enjoy the art style quite a lot with its dark and somewhat gritty tones and feel that from what I've seen of Mordheim: City of the Damned, they fit quite well together visually despite being on different platforms. I also find the Camera settings to be a much-needed addition that I don't seem to find much when it comes to iOS games as its very in depth and customizable which I feel as a consumer is quite the option to have as it allows adjustments based on gameplay and even if someone doesnt enjoy the way the camera moves and zooms by default, they can alter it to be able to suit them rather than quitting due to not enjoying the camera.
    TheWizardWatley likes this.
  3. TheWizardWatley Major

Message Count:
    G'day mate,

The advantage of the iOS purchase, unless they have changed it since I bought in, is that you get to play with all of three of the human warbands from the get go, whereas the droiders only get reiklanders. Lol.

I understand your thing with the Fate, it would be nice to be able to earn a little bit here and there just to save a life when needed. all I can suggest is that if you do purchase a little bit of fate, be a stingy as possible with it.

Otherwise, welcome to the fray mate.

W
  4. BrightSabre Private

Message Count:
    Thank you for the warm welcome, perhaps one thing that could be added to address this there could be special missions from the temple that are tougher than the town cryer missions but reward 1 to 2 fate points depending on whether you beat the mission with all your warband with no injuries or death or whether 1 or more members of the warband get injured or hurt.