Throwing Star questions and mechanics

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by Cyberaddict, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    I'm a bit confused about the Throwing Star description:
    Strength: 0
    Shots : 1
    Ammunition : Unlimited
    Strength: -5
    So there's two entries for Strength. Which one is it? Also, if Strength is zero, how do I ever get to 6 damage with critical hits? It seems to calculate the damage based on the user's Strength score. But my Assassin has a Strength of 40, which is detailed like this : 35, +5 skill, -5 item. Unless the rules of the universe have changed, the end result should be 35, no? It makes sense that it should stay at 40 in melee, and 35 at range. But wouldn’t it be better to list the range Strength as a separate score? It's confusing at the moment.
  2. Algirdas25 Corporal

Message Count:
    If you check your model that have eguiped throwing knives you will see that
    Str. 0 has Benin replaced with with str. [current str. Of model]
  3. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    Sincerely sorry, but I just don't understand that statement. Can you rephrase that, please?

If you mean that the Strength of the weapon becomes the Strength of the user, and that this is only displayed on the Camp page and not the Store page, then I can tell you it is not the case. What I reported above is exactly what is written under an equipped Throwing Star. It doesn't behave like a melee weapon (where in the Store the Strength is not that of the intended wielder, but the weapon's description changes to show the wielder's Strength if you try to Equip it).
  4. Oscar Junior Programmer

Message Count:
    I will take a look at this and see whether I can make it a little clearer :)
  5. Moo Private

Message Count:
    What he’s was trying to say is that the first strength listed, or any time you see “strength: 0”, means that the strength of the weapon is equal to the strength of the model (character).
    The second strength listed is telling you that your strength will be adjusted by -5. Thematically, this reflects its ability to do damage.