To upgrade? Or not to Upgrade?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Overwatch, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    I'm interested in finding out how everybody feels towards upgrading. Sure it makes your units a hell of a lot more powerful but is it truly worth it? When you're a lower level and you're using scavengers and infantry as your main unit type, its a no brainer to get the upgrades especially as how cheap they are... But what about when you're much higher.. and you're using jet troopers.. tanks or even helicopters? Is it really worth say a 14000 resource investment just to give your unit a +1 movement? Or would you rather just put that hefty amount of resources towards the next unit unlock?

To me upgrades are important but I can be skeptical towards some units and the fee they charge... Pretty much my scavengers.. infantry and APC are fully upgraded... but when I unlock jet troopers next I'm unsure if I'll be putting upgrades on them... How do you guys feel?
    jettroopsupgrade.jpg
  2. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Thanks Elvelyn for the lovely screenshot of your jet troopers :)
  3. Jon1332 Private

Message Count:
    i'm still low level but i've upgraded all my scavs and infrantry
  4. Elvelyn Major

Message Count:
    As you can see I have only bought one upgrade; health. I think it's definitely worth buying this because otherwise Jet Troopers are weak, I would like to invest in the other upgrades though, especially having a longer range.

I am gradually racking up my resources and I am 5000 of buying rockets (which was my original plan). But now I am debating if it would be wiser to upgrade my jet troopers? Any advice?
  5. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Personally I would put off rockets for as long as possible. I've heard around the studio the AI become increasingly difficult to defeat once you have rockets. I have no experience with them though so I'm not the one to ask. Ever considered going for a tank next or even artillery?
  6. KillerK1ng Corporal

Message Count:
    I always go for upgrades first. They're so important and you can notice all the difference. A fully upgraded scavenger can easily take down a non upgraded infantry. Cheaper too!
    Ewan Lamont likes this.
  7. Dorsai Corporal

Message Count:
    I agree... and even better... u can upgrade for "free" ;) just have a truck or APC arround and always neetly bring "home" those units u kill :p there is always something nice in them ;)
    Elvelyn likes this.
  8. KillerK1ng Corporal

Message Count:
    Those jet trooper upgrades are rather pricy though. Definetly worth it for the edge it gives me in game
  9. Hardcore Hamster Corporal

Message Count:
    Jet troopers are my favourite unit;)