Tome of Magic, where is it ?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by azambeaux, Nov 6, 2017.

1. azambeaux Private

Message Count:
    So I have been preparing one of my guys to become a warlock / wizard, but I can't find a Tome of Magic. Played 30+ games this weekend, nothing in loots nor in the Store.

Where can I find this item ?
  2. Buggritt Major

Message Count:
    It's definitely in the store, around 330 gold. I've seen it twice but I don't know if there's any conditions (warband rating or whatever) that have to be met before it turns up. Check the store via the main menu rather than the camp, it may not come up in th camp because it can't be used yet.
  3. Ewan Lamont
    Administrator

Message Count:
    It is rare in the store (5% chance) and it is a rare drop in the University and Library locations on the map.
  4. azambeaux Private

Message Count:
    50+ more games, still nothing in the store.

How do you access the Library and University maps ? I don't see them on the map.
  5. azambeaux Private

Message Count:
    I finally got a Tome of magic!

I gave it to my Warlock and he learned a new spell. But now he has 3 spells learned and in the game he only has 1 available (the Luck one). How do you chose the other spells ?? I click on my warriors or on my warlock but nothing else appears...
  6. Ewan Lamont
    Administrator

Message Count:
    depends on the spell. some need you to select a target first before the option to cast them happens
  7. azambeaux Private

Message Count:
    Ok, I understood how to make the Flight of Zimmeran works... the Devs really need to have more hints / explanations of how things work in this game...
  8. Mahuffma Private

Message Count:
    I recently purchased a time of magic. It looks like my leader is the only one with the capability to use it since I haven't picked a wizard yet. My leader is decked out in armor. What am I to do work it?
  9. Buggritt Major

Message Count:
    Give it a go if you want a magic user. Worst case scenario is you lose your leader.
    If he's a ranged character then he's well suited to keeping his distance but if he's more melee-centric then without armour you'll be looking at more of an alpha strike character who stays mid-range and only charges if he knows he can kill an enemy and knows he can't be charged by another enemy.
  10. Stove Private

Message Count:
    I have a skaven warband in the public version of the game that is only two units, Nekron, the leader turned eshin warlock and a fodder melee fighter bodyguard. He can cast warpfire at a 69% success chance and oneshot most units Ive encountered (though due to our low team rating we usually only fight starting warbands). He also has 6 movement and hidden in shadows. He is very capable of soloing large groups by casting warpfire and then sprinting off into the night to reset and ambush again. I have no idea how viable magic is going to be at the higher levels due to higher wounds characteristic fighters, but in my limited experience against other low member high equipment and level warbands, warpfire does a plenty decent job and blasting through skull curaisses and helmets.