Top of the Leaders table thread

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by arielbelkin, Feb 22, 2018.

1. arielbelkin Major

Message Count:
    This player is so abusive it’s ridicoulus... first they hack their shard count by over 4000!!!!!!!!!

Now he is ABUSING PVP by playing only Palace Gardens with one INSANELY OP character along with 4 more low level wizards. Because of this his rating is only 1600. So while his leader just shreds your warband the other wizards just fly around and collect loot!!!!!

Hello????? Legendary! Seriously, kick him out already!

Why is this even coming up? Is it not obiouvs enough that in the top 10 all the warbands have between 2300-3600 shards but somehow he has 6600?

For all we know he found a way to convert loot into shards and he’s just bullying lower level warbands.

Attached Files:

TheWizardWatley likes this.
  2. TheWizardWatley Major

Message Count:
    Agreed. Please deal with Mordheim Leaders Foundation. It's obvious you have a cheat here.
    arielbelkin likes this.
  3. _Q_ Corporal

Message Count:
    I agree that the shard count looks well dodgy and needs properly investigating, but I don't think his choice of how he constructs his warband can be considered cheating. Lame perhaps, but legit.

One thing though - I thought Palace Gardens unlocked at a high(ish) rating, like 3k or so. Certainly I was 3k before I 1st saw it (though that did coincide with the latest update). In which case surely he shouldn't be able to access the location with a 1600 rating?
  4. Adam Smith Games Programmer

Message Count:
    We have been investigating the owner of this warband. While he does have a fully specced warrior in the warband, there isn't really anything obvious that would indicate that he is cheating. He does play a lot of games (50 yesterday), which would explain his jumps in shards.

His behaviour in PVP is questionable though, so he will be getting banned from that. He's getting access to Palace Gardens because the locations available to you are only relevant when hosting a match, not when joining. This is to keep the pool of available opponents as large as possible.

The Palace Gardens drops will also be addressed in a future update.
  5. arielbelkin Major

Message Count:

Lets not be naive here - while 50 games a day at 5/6 shards per does equate to 1500 shards per week, that requires approx. 8 hours of play time each day to complete legitimately, even against AI.

With the current PvP rules of automatic victory due to a disconnect.... hmmm.... oh there's a shortcut right there!

But this person already had a maxed out warband, how is he going to get paired with anyone? BY DUMPING EVERYONE EXCEPT HIS LEADER AND LOWERING HIS RATING!

This person went from 2300 shards and a top 10 spot to 6700 and first place in LESS THEN A MONTH! And now that I've gotten a chance to face him in PvP I can see why:

His leader is untouchable for a lower tier rated warband - he deals 15-20 damage per strike and has such high initiative you can't attack him because of the immediate retaliation. Furthermore, he's a spell caster so he'll fly around to avoid ranged attacks all while his other wizards just loot the area avoiding combat... so what can anyone do except get wiped out or quit immediately when facing him?

If you don't want to say HE CHEATED (!).... then HE ABSUED COMPLETELY THE SET OF RULES THAT WERE PUT IN PLACE! I'm glad he's been band from PvP, now please KICK HIM OUT PERIOD!
  6. TheWizardWatley Major

Message Count:
    I can't believe you are going to let him get away with whatever dodgy hack he has used to get to the top. However he acquired his shards, it was NOT in the normal way.

#Adam, did he reply and explain his sudden jump up the charts?. You said that if he did not reply you would remove him. Could you share his tactic for sudden and gigantic leaps of shard?

I think it is fairly obvious that the guy has cheated his way, somehow to number one, and Legendary, you are going to let him get away with it.
    It's a shame, because this is the sort of bad call that can kill a game company.

"Oh, Legendary Games", they will say, "They were too weak to stop cheaters abusing their games."

The issue here is more of an iron fist is required, rather than the velvet glove. Get rid of the cheating prick and restore the shard count to how it should be. No more gentle investigations, too scared to cause offence or upset one patron over many. Here are two respectable players (me and belkin) who have been gypped, in fact anyone seeking to make it the top has been gypped, by one guy who OBVIOUSLY CHEATS. So, you've been unable to ascertain how he has cheated. An absence of evidence is not the same as proof of innocence.

Really, I'm getting a little dispirited by Legendary Games lack of actual action on this front, not to mention other times when we have encountered hackers and exploiting back door bandits.
    arielbelkin likes this.
  7. arielbelkin Major

Message Count:
    VERY TRUE. Let it be known that the leaderboards are essentially starting from #2 because no one has any chance of reaching number 1.... RED FLAG Legendary - explain to the rest of us, how are we supposed to compete?
  8. Ewan Lamont
    Administrator

Message Count:
    Guys I've dm'd you separately on this and gave you our time line. we are putting a lot of time into trying to find out how this has exactly happened. If we dont find out it will happen again. Ideally we want him to tell us. If he doesn't' the will be banned.
  9. arielbelkin Major

Message Count:
    indeed you have and I thanked you for that, but when I get answers like this my blood boils because you’re justifying an unrealistic scenario:

And just to clarify, I posted this thread to complain about the abusive PvP behavior this player is inhibiting which I was not aware of originally, hence a development one way or another from my initial complaint of the leaderboard hack.
  10. _Q_ Corporal

Message Count:
    Easiest way would be to set up a few sock puppet accounts, start PvP with 'em then disconn the sock puppet to abuse the auto-win. If he usually battles the same few opponents (and, if he's really dumb, they have the same IP) I'll bet that's what's happening.
    arielbelkin likes this.
  11. JustinS Private

Message Count:
    I just played against this player yesterday. I haven't been playing PVP until yesterday and this is the sort of thing I stop playing games over. I don't think I'm alone.
    arielbelkin likes this.
  12. TheWizardWatley Major

Message Count:
    50+ games per day.... what a load of utter bollocks. How is that possible?

DEAL WITH THE CHEAT PLEASE
  13. Ewan Lamont
    Administrator

Message Count:
    We are on the case. The player has been messaged to explain the data irregularities if he doesn't his account will be suspended
  14. TheWizardWatley Major

Message Count:
    I really hope to see some progress on this issue soon. I suggest less of the velvet glove and a lot more iron fist.
  15. arielbelkin Major

Message Count:
    So how many shards is too many shards? He has now doubled my total and I was sitting at 1st place before all this... ( at least until grand fubar LEGITIMATELY passes me)
  16. TheWizardWatley Major

Message Count:
    I do think that three weeks or so is long enough to have given him time to reply.
  17. Ewan Lamont
    Administrator

Message Count:
    He has and we have been talking and still are talking. The player has not used any hacking techniques to reach the level of shards. Everything he has done is possible for any player to do, given enough time. He has spent a lot of time honing the captain to max out on all skills including magic and is playing over 50 games a day. Each game doesn’t take very long as he only has one guy, sometimes with up to 3 wizards supporting him. The only potential “exploit” is the fact that the low number of people in his warband has repressed his Warband rating meaning his captain “Death” has for a while out classed everything he has come up against. The player didn’t realise how ratings were calculated he only dropped to one guy for speed. If someone wants to play all day every day, it is up to them. The big concern for us how to change the game so that binning the rest of your warband down to your captain isn’t a viable strategy and tweaking some of the skills so that low-level characters still have a chance…even a slight one against high-level characters. We are considering all options from changing the XP reward based on the level of opponent to going as far as bringing out an NPC witch hunter general to give high-level characters a challenge. We are not going to ban a player unless they have hacked the game. If people find an exploit in the rule set we would prefer they tell us in advance and will reward anyone that does tells us about it in advance. We have restricted who can come up against MLF as we recognise it might not be that fun much fun to be turned over. If you come up against him, keep your distance and shoot. “Death” has no armour so is quite easy to take down that way, four good hits and he will be toast.
  18. arielbelkin Major

Message Count:
    A. Thanks for changing my thread title.
    B. I’m out. Good luck with your game.
    C. I’m filing a complaint with iTunes to get my money back.

Bye
  19. Ewan Lamont
    Administrator

Message Count:
    It will be a shame to lose you Ariel. I appreciate the results of our investigation have not gone the way you hoped but I’m really at a loss as to what else we could have done. We put a lot of company time looking into this and on determining that he was a genuine player we can’t let a thread name asking for a player to be kicked out persist. If someone started a thread asking for Orange Blue Blood to be removed as it has an abnormally high rating we would take the same course of action.
  20. arielbelkin Major

Message Count:
    With all due respect Ewan I’ll tell you what should’ve been done:
    I reported this issue when the shard jump was from 2300 to 3700 - At that point the account should’ve been temporarily suspended to figure out what happened. But it was not.

I complained again after a couple of days when the number reached 4100... And then again at 4400 - At least that number was still somewhat attainable for someone else to reach, but no temporary halt was issued... it passes 5k and 6.5k and finally at 7.4k shards it is determined no wrong doings occurred.

Well congrats! You’ve now created an impossible situation for everyone else. You could’ve either suspended the account temporarily to figure out what to do or change your leaderboard layout but neither happened.

I’m a competitive player so much so that I spend money on in-app purchases but now I have a product that’s flawed. Even though I know what was done I am 3700 shards behind and It took me 3.5 months initially to get to a total of 3500...

So now you have screwed every player in your database that wants to compete.