Two more undead questions

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Trapsinger, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Trapsinger Private

Message Count:
    First. I'd really like to hire a Vampire, but he hasn't shown up in the crypt yet. I've gotten my warband up to five members (though one just died if you are checking on me i'm back down to four), and my warband rating is over 100. But so far I've only seen warlocks to hire. Is there a threshold I need to pass? or is this a bug?

Second. Are the necromancer staves really meant to get worse at penetrating armour as you skill up in using them, or am i reading this wrong? They get better at parry when you go from 1 to 2 skill points, but they go from -10 enemy armor to -5? I don't see why a weapon should get worse when you get better at using it? should these values be reversed?

These both might bugs, but I didn't want to report them as bugs because they might also be features i don't understand. So I thought i'd ask first. Thanks!
  2. DTay88 Corporal

Message Count:
    Vampire hasn't been released yet. Probably tweaking it
  3. Ewan Lamont
    Administrator

Message Count:
    Vampire(s) still to come, we may even see our first lady! -10 is bad it adds to enemy def. -5 is less bad
  4. Trapsinger Private

Message Count:
    Unless you are telling me that a dagger is better at penetrating armour than a gromril sword you have your negative backwards. You had better go back and look at what modifying enemy defense actually does. It sounds like you need to invert the armour mod on the necro staves, both of them.
  5. Ewan Lamont
    Administrator

Message Count:
    We may need to describe better on screen and make it clearer. Unarmed, staffs and daggers by default add to enemy defence rather than reduce it.
  6. Trapsinger Private

Message Count:
    I'm not disputing that they should. I'm saying you have your sign backwards. It's either backwards in the entire game except necro staves. Or necro staves are backwards.

I'll get some screenshots, just a minute...
  7. Trapsinger Private

Message Count:
    Dagger, +15 / + 10
    [IMG]

Necro wand -10 / -5
    [IMG]

Gromril Axe -10 / -15
    [IMG]
  8. Ewan Lamont
    Administrator

Message Count:
    Thanks. We'll get that changed next build
  9. Viki Private

Message Count:
    It was reported in beta, but You didn't respond, Ewan.
  10. Trapsinger Private

Message Count:
    So, this is a bit late to the party, but I never really played skaven before, and I just started a band. Apparently their sorcerer staff has the same problem.
  11. 2mBrick Private

Message Count:
    The same is true of the Warlock staff, I think.