Undead

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by FlaminGallahs2089, Jun 23, 2018.

1. FlaminGallahs2089 Private

Message Count:
    I was looking through the threads and couldnt find anything answering many questions about the undead.
    First of all, how do you get zombies? (I brought a corpse and it disapeared after that battle and havent been able to summon any in game)
    Ghouls, is their any equipment at all you can equip?
    How can you get a vampire?
    And finally what is the best stradegies to use with the undead?
  2. Shangular Corporal

Message Count:
    1). You get zombies by buying them from the store or raising up zombies after you kill an opponent. It has to say Dead not injured orb out of action. If your zombie gets killed in battle, even though you raise it back up, you have a chance to lose it.

2). ghouls can’t equip any weapons. But can equip potions

3). I believe after you have 4 ppl you can hire a vampire.

4). Kill your opponent before they kill you :) Basically keep your Necromancer back and have him cast Doom at the opportune time. Your vampire will be a tank but he can easily get mobbed and die against high level opponents if you’re not careful. Remember he has high defense but hammers can negate that. Advance hidden with your vampire supported by ghouls and dregs. Have the vamp quickly take out the biggest threat and ghouls and dregs as human shields or keep them back and have them rush in near the end to claim objectives. Yes I know this is a very basic tactic but too lazy to type anything else atm.
  3. FlaminGallahs2089 Private

Message Count:
    Okay, I finally got my vampire (took me a while finding a good one with a nice haircut).
    I have two dregs (sheilded with axes, planning on training one up to be a two hander).
    I have a ghoul, though saving up for another.
    And my necro.
    Swarming is still working atm for me and when the battle breaks down i seem to really pull away with the W. (Though its painful when the dregs and ghoul have terrible % of chance of hit)

I equiped all with zombies but only 4 turn up in battle which confuses me?
    Also why can't the vampire take any armour is their a skill?
    Also how do you upgrade a ghouls chance to hit, is it like other units with weapon skill?

I wonder what the next unit for Undead will be.
    A wraith, Varghulf or wight?
  4. Matex Private

Message Count:
    They should all be available as long as you have equipped them on a person.
    Vampires have a 'skill', can't remember the name but it basically means they won't equip items they deem below them. Once you use a skill point on the increasing chance of rare gear in shop with either your necro or vamp than you'll see more armour available for him. Vampyric plate goes for 200 - 300 and only mithril armour is better, though only by 5 and its at least twice as expensive.
    Yep chance to hit is only weapon skill. Ghouls can't equip anything, not even changing the different rags they wear. Same with their claws.

Highly doubt there will be a new undead coming out any time soon. They've got the witch hungers to finish before they add extra chars to existing warband I reckon
  5. FlaminGallahs2089 Private

Message Count:
    Okay yeah vamps will only start with a full breast plate armour. Bit annoying but understandable.
    Oh okay thats why the shop only ever has like 2 good things for me.
    Its extremely annoying that ghouls cant equip anything, youd think a dagger or a club would make sense to, but it does make them unique none the less.

I am so keen for whitch hunters their dynamics seem different to other humans from what i have read.
    They also seem alot cooler.

I read up on the consol adaptation and the other troops the vampires had access to is Thralls and Crypt horrors, but seemingly powerful, so ome other part of the undead would have to be nerfed to make the new additions,
    So your definetly right it is more likely they add the witch hunters and make sure its still all balanced before developing any races further.
  6. Shangular Corporal

Message Count:
    Plus after they finish the Witch Hunters, they'll probably work to add the Sisters warband and my favorite, the Possessed :)
  7. FlaminGallahs2089 Private

Message Count:
    I feel it could be like they add Witch hunters, then sisters whilst adding in some hire swords for the witch hunters (and maybe a thrall to vampires) so kinda like a female update.
    Then when they are adding the possed they will add a crypt horror to vamps. As programming a crypt horror and a chaos spawn would be quite similar.

But none the less coming from the total war background i definetly keen for some beastmen and Woodelves,
    Their mechanics would be so different, i know i gonna have to wait a long time for them though if they ever come.
    Like the beastmen would be the skaven on steriods without the numbers.
    And the woodelves hit and run tactics would be so hard and fun to use.