Underdog Bonus for non-PVP doesn’t work

Viki

Private
I think it works different, than you think. It says before battle how much exp in total you would get just for surviving battle.
It said 'XP SB: 1', so you got 1pt for surviving against similar or higher rated warband. If it said 'XP SB: 2', you would get 1pt for surviving against similar plus 1pt for underdog.
If you play against weaker warbands you get no bonus for survival, do there's no saying about any 'XP SB' before battle.
Does that sound?

I think it works different, than you think. It says before battle how much exp in total you would get just for surviving battle.
It said 'XP SB: 1', so you got 1pt for surviving against similar or higher rated warband. If it said 'XP SB: 2', you would get 1pt for surviving against similar plus 1pt for underdog.
If you play against weaker warbands you get no bonus for survival, do there's no saying about any 'XP SB' before battle.

Does that sound?
I thought that too at first but it’s incorrect. You’ll notice in PVP the bonus is in addition to the standard +1... furthermore, I tested it with a higher XP bonus (+3) in an AI matchup to confirm it indeed does not work.

I Agree with arielbelkin. A normal xp match doesn't come up in green promising 1 XP! Also, that would involve a massive change in how things are done with XP, with no mention in the update logs.

The algorithm that determines bns xp is out of sync with the actual reward system.

Watters,
Not a noob

Viki

Private
I mentioned these things on beta test and something was fixed, but on normal game might not be. Maybe with next update?...

I think whole LG is out of action for several games and noone is watching forum.

Amaan Shawkath

Junior Software Developer
Staff member
I mentioned these things on beta test and something was fixed, but on normal game might not be. Maybe with next update?...

I think whole LG is out of action for several games and noone is watching forum.

Thanks for pointing out this issue. Apologies for the lack of communication. For future reference, the bonus survival XP is calculated using your warbands adjusted rating (your rating * 1.2) divided by the opponents Warband rating rounded down. Note this only happens if your adjusted rating is lower than your opponent's rating.

In regards to the issue you're experiencing I am currently looking at trying to reproduce it, if you guys ever spot this again please do let me know and include your warband name and rating and the opponents warband name and rating

Thanks for pointing out this issue. Apologies for the lack of communication. For future reference, the bonus survival XP is calculated using your warbands adjusted rating (your rating * 1.2) divided by the opponents Warband rating rounded down. Note this only happens if your adjusted rating is lower than your opponent's rating.

In regards to the issue you're experiencing I am currently looking at trying to reproduce it, if you guys ever spot this again please do let me know and include your warband name and rating and the opponents warband name and rating
I can take a screen shot of every AI underdog game I play to show?

I can take a screen shot of every AI underdog game I play to show?
Why bother, bro?

Apparently Legendary are so brilliant they can let a guy get away with cheating every day, they surely should be able to muddle their way through a simple bit of mismatched code while opening new avenues for scummers to exploit.

Any idea what your warband rating was before the battle? That's what we need to check the calculation, your warband rating at time of mission availability, and opponent rating.
it was between 1500-1600 when i played those matches, I don’t remember exactly.

It is currently 1620.

JustinS

Private
I'm getting cleaned up by Warbands much stronger than me in PVP but only getting a +1 XP bonus. My band is 980, skaven and can't seem to do more than 0-2 of damage per strike. I have yet to see any XP bonus greater than +1. Where are the +10 or +15 that I heard you all mention?

I think PVP is over for me. I get match-ups that are so poorly aligned, I can take down 0-1 enemies and have all of my band go OoA. And pay real money to bring them back? No thanks.

And now I'm playing against PVP in the Palace Gardens where they grab all the loot (full plate!) using flying mages. This just isn't fun.

I'm getting cleaned up by Warbands much stronger than me in PVP but only getting a +1 XP bonus. My band is 980, skaven and can't seem to do more than 0-2 of damage per strike. I have yet to see any XP bonus greater than +1. Where are the +10 or +15 that I heard you all mention?

I think PVP is over for me. I get match-ups that are so poorly aligned, I can take down 0-1 enemies and have all of my band go OoA. And pay real money to bring them back? No thanks.

And now I'm playing against PVP in the Palace Gardens where they grab all the loot (full plate!) using flying mages. This just isn't fun.
I have only had issues with the underdog bonus in AI matches. The PvP matches gave me the correct amount of XP.
And yes you are describing Mordheim Leaders Foundation a hack of a player we are trying to get kicked out for good.

JustinS

Private
I have only had issues with the underdog bonus in AI matches. The PvP matches gave me the correct amount of XP.
And yes you are describing Mordheim Leaders Foundation a hack of a player we are trying to get kicked out for good.
I've played against Foundation yesterday. Today it was "Les Schampes (?) die Imperien", iirc. Either way, makes for a crappy game to watch them zoom all over the map, receive free full plate, then mow my entire squad down while I returned one kill. I'm just helping somebody farm the shit out of the game.

(Language warning, if you are easily offended by a few small words, don't read this)

There's been a lot of abuse since palace gardens came back online. I'll admit to farming the shite out of it, but only vs AI. I've given up trying for PvP that doesn't disconn the moment they take a hit (pussies).

The problem is really not just PVP abuse or cheating bastards like mordheim losers foundation, it's the attitude that it's ok to do that that somehow must be addressed.

I suggest Legendary make use of the notifications box that pops up on opening the app, usually reserved for spiels about new warbands and other fun stuff, to issue a STERN WARNING that anyone cheating, hacking, abusing or otherwise being a dick will be booted and banned. I don't think that'd be going too far, given how rotten things have become as far as asshole players goes.

Watley