Unlock the gifts of Guilds!

Prabdeep Bazaz

Social Media Manager
Staff member
Necromunda-Update-1.3.4.jpg

Christmas has come early in the Underhive, with the new Daily Rewards system!

As a permanent change, you will now receive Daily Rewards themed to the Necromunda Guilds.

After every win on the Guilders mission, you will unlock a new chest to open from a particular Guild, giving you more options. Each Guild includes a variety of rewards and unique items. Log in every day to get a prize. Miss a day, and the choice resets to just the Corpse Guild.

Download the update and let us know what you think down below!

Download the update below
Android
Apple

- Socials -
Facebook
Twitter
Discord Server

Chronos

Major
Hi, I've tried the new Daily Rewards today and maybe I'm doing something wrong or maybe it is not working the way it was intended but the way it is working I think it has been a serious favour earning nerf. So far you could win 1-5 favour a day just with the daily reward and then, if you won the guilder mission you got more favour depending on the guilders territory level (and the number of gangers sent?) so, for example, every guilder mission got me 4 favour a day.

Today I opened my daily reward and I got a "smoke grenade". It is not much but I thought you were nerfing the favour system or maybe when you got more days in a row you could get some, so I thought that was fair. I thought however that when winning the guilder mission I would earn favour (it still shows the favour symbol on the mission) appart from getting a higher level for the next daily reward. However, after winning the guilder mission I didn't get any favour :oops:

So, is that correct? Now guilder missions, instead of giving you favour just make you have a higher reward? If so, how could you get favour from now on? Just paying for it? The previous system made me play every day cause I think favour is a good reward and I could get 5-9 favour a day. I can understand you try to nerf those numbers, but going from being able to get a good amount of favour to getting none seems like a bit too much. I will yet have to check what the rewards for higher chest levels are, but if there is no way of getting favour it seems like a bad change for players.

By the way, another question regarding rewards. Before the favour was shared among all your gangs, but what happens with these rewards? If I get a smoke grenade do I get an smoke grenade for each of my gangs or just for the one I was using when opened the chest? It seems a bit more confusing than it was the favour reward system

Padré Luke

Corporal
.. I think it has been a serious favour earning nerf. ..
What gave you the impression?

/sarcasm off

In theory there'll be favour points for you: the more territories you take over, the more Guilders' crates you can open as the daily reward after a succesful Guilders mission and you can choose one reward that you like.

Padré Luke

Corporal
My first experience was that I could open three or four crates, containing: a smoke 'nade, an incendiary 'nade, an I don't remember what and a Slave Guilders favour.
So.. stuff that you could have bought already with favour points, buty I guess not many of us did.

You have to come back daily to the game tho, otherwise it resets.
I mean the numbers of crates you get to open after a succesful Guilders' mission.

So yeah, it's a great new system from some perspectives, I liked it immediately.

Padré Luke

Corporal
Just finished today's Guilders' mission.

Take a good look at this:

taglat.png

(If you can't then register to the damn forums!)

Chronos

Major
I think I still like more the previous system, but it seems like you can also get favour with the new one (for my third level chest I got 6 favour today). Seeing you also got 8 favour as a reward it seems like it won't be so bad favour-wise (in fact if you get to choose the 8 favour reward every day you'll be able to earn more favour than with the previous system).

Being able to choose which reward you prefer is also a good point (I thought you had to choose one chest and then the reward was revealed and you got that reward).

I still think the items rewards are not worth at all, the same as I think buying items with favour is just wasting favour. I don't know if for low level gangs it makes sense to buy items with favour, but it is much easier to get the money it cost than the favour equivalent, so I'm not ever choosing an item as a reward unless I have no other option (nor I will buy any item with favour unless their cost is drastically reduced).

So after trying it a bit I think this new system makes more sense than I thought. I will have to test it better for the next days, though. Anyway I would have prefered to have, for example, the chances of being attacked in a territory reworked instead of this, as I felt guilders missions and daily rewards were good enough as they were.

Padré Luke

Corporal
I think I still like more the previous system
I think you'll get used to it pretty quickly.

It's pretty late here and I'm f'ing spent, so let the screenshot speak for itself, today's bounty:also.png

So yeah, the new system is a mixed bag of mixed bags crates.

... if you get to choose the 8 favour reward every day...
See the screenshot, draw conclusions.

I still think the items rewards are not worth at all..
Maybe, maybe not. Mixed bag of mixed crates. If everything else is kinda meh, then you'll go for that grenade if that's the least meh.
I chose the creds today(tonight).

..so I'm not ever choosing an item as a reward unless I have no other option..
Ah alright, so we're exe to exe about this, I see, on the same terms.

So after trying it a bit I think this new system makes more sense than I thought.
:);):)

Okay, and let's not forget that Guilders' boons are 10 favour points each if you want to purchase them through the Shop menu.

So.. I can only repeat my first sentence:
"I think you'll get used to it pretty quickly."

Ewan Lamont

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys for the elimination of any doubt the favour payout is statistically identical to the old system. The favour rewards are less frequent (you always got at least 1 before) but payout is much higher, especially in the later boxes. Regular play over the same period of time should glean the same amount of favour as before but hopefully in a prettier and more characterful way. And when you don't get favour you get more characterful consolation prizes that you didn't before.

Chronos

Major
Hi guys for the elimination of any doubt the favour payout is statistically identical to the old system. The favour rewards are less frequent (you always got at least 1 before) but payout is much higher, especially in the later boxes. Regular play over the same period of time should glean the same amount of favour as before but hopefully in a prettier and more characterful way. And when you don't get favour you get more characterful consolation prizes that you didn't before.
Thanks for the info! One suggestion though, I think it would be nice to either have a info button on the rewards (to know for example what a guild reward do or the weapon stats/info) or that info being shown when you click on the reward and then being able to take it or not.

Ewan Lamont

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the info! One suggestion though, I think it would be nice to either have a info button on the rewards (to know for example what a guild reward do or the weapon stats/info) or that info being shown when you click on the reward and then being able to take it or not.
We'll see what we can do. Unfortunately, some things that sound easy in practice can be really hard in reality but we will look at it.

Padré Luke

Corporal
in practice
Sorry for correcting you, but I think you meant "in theory".
But yeah some things may be more complicated, than what they present themselves as at face-value.
Hmm...
What if you guys just cross-reference/*reference that info shown at the Shop/Trade screen(s) about the boons/items?

(I still don't know Unity, yet. It was just a sudden idea..)

Last edited:
I think I still like more the previous system, but it seems like you can also get favour with the new one (for my third level chest I got 6 favour today). Seeing you also got 8 favour as a reward it seems like it won't be so bad favour-wise (in fact if you get to choose the 8 favour reward every day you'll be able to earn more favour than with the previous system).

Being able to choose which reward you prefer is also a good point (I thought you had to choose one chest and then the reward was revealed and you got that reward).

I still think the items rewards are not worth at all, the same as I think buying items with favour is just wasting favour. I don't know if for low level gangs it makes sense to buy items with favour, but it is much easier to get the money it cost than the favour equivalent, so I'm not ever choosing an item as a reward unless I have no other option (nor I will buy any item with favour unless their cost is drastically reduced).

So after trying it a bit I think this new system makes more sense than I thought. I will have to test it better for the next days, though. Anyway I would have prefered to have, for example, the chances of being attacked in a territory reworked instead of this, as I felt guilders missions and daily rewards were good enough as they were.
As I can't guarantee a reasonable favour income, I've stopped spending faction for trade items, as I'd rather spend it on boons, when I choose to, or save it for when the Ratskin, Spyer or Arbite gangs get released

SOB

Welp... you can get boons and items by completeing Guilders' missions, ... so ...
Wounds I can wait to heal & use the rouge doc. I don't use flamers with my Vansaars. I rarely customise my gangs look more than using the free colours. I try not to buy more kit, as my lasguns already face bolters & plasma guns, so buying carapace armour would probably result in many more of those & meltas & conversion beamers. & I save up credits, to spend on training, so I only want that boon, when I'm ready for it. None of the boons are useful in a day to day basis & no where near as useful as bankable Faction.

This change had actually results in me playing less. Recently I've been playing 2 cycles a day, with the guilder mission available in one of those. Now, after a cycle with the guilder mission, I tend to wait till the following day. And & Christmas Eve, I had nothing worthwhile from the 6 boxes, so was going to wait for the guilder mission, to see what else was available & when I logged in Christmas Day, it had reset, so there wasn't much point in playing. I note haven't played a single match in 4 days.

SOB

Padré Luke

Corporal
Well, yes, the reset sucks big time.
I mean .. I've been on and off for a few days after reaching the 6 crates maximum, and yeah, I'm always late to the time limitand after getting to open 2 crates, it just resets again.
(Yea, and factor in the always wondrous crash-hangs, just like the one that is happening with me right now.
It's awesome, I love it!)

End of the year, fatigue, finding interests all around besides N: GS, I know your pain. :D

BTW.. are you on Discord? If so, just send me a private msg here, or a DM there.. I'll let you in on some insights about the game.

Last edited:

Chronos

Major
This change had actually results in me playing less.
Very much this. With the previous system I played at least one turf a day. After playing with the new system for a week I've stopped playing. The idea is not bad, but as @smashingorangeybit said, I barely get anything interesting apart from favour (for new gangs maybe it is a good deal but for experienced gangs it doesn't seem so).

But even with rewards not being that good the thing that has make me not playing these last days is the reset system... You cannot open the reward until 20 hours have passed, but then you only have 4 hours or they got reset? It already has reset twice for me cause I didn't get anything interesting so I delayed the decision and when I went back the rewards had been reseted already. I think it should reset if 24 pass from the last time you fight a guilder mission, not if 24 hours pass from the last time you opened a reward, the way it is now doesn't make any sense to me.

I will still play from time to time as I like the game, but I won't play everyday. I think this new system it is quite more punishing than rewarding :(