Unlock the gifts of Guilds!

Very much this. With the previous system I played at least one turf a day. After playing with the new system for a week I've stopped playing. The idea is not bad, but as @smashingorangeybit said, I barely get anything interesting apart from favour (for new gangs maybe it is a good deal but for experienced gangs it doesn't seem so).

But even with rewards not being that good the thing that has make me not playing these last days is the reset system... You cannot open the reward until 20 hours have passed, but then you only have 4 hours or they got reset? It already has reset twice for me cause I didn't get anything interesting so I delayed the decision and when I went back the rewards had been reseted already. I think it should reset if 24 pass from the last time you fight a guilder mission, not if 24 hours pass from the last time you opened a reward, the way it is now doesn't make any sense to me.

I will still play from time to time as I like the game, but I won't play everyday. I think this new system it is quite more punishing than rewarding :(
I was back up to three crates yesterday morning, after the Christmas reset. But they were all boons -none of which I needed it wanted, so I didn't pick any, but continued playing, knowing the guilder mission was open in a couple of hours. Ho ho ho, (I didn't realise the reset happened so quickly) I completed another guilder mission & I'm back down to 1 box & a cheapo smoke grenade.

I'd rather my 5 to 10 daily faction, under the old system. Especially, as I've collected all of these crappie (I have no idea, as I've never used any) grenades, which I'm trying to buy a grenade launcher for, but anything other than a reclaimed version (20 range) is paid for by faction & I'm know saving my faction, in case Ratskins, Arbites or Spyers get released (& I can't earn faction anymore, on even a semi regular basis).

Had anyone else found the trade post has more higher level kit, which costs faction?

SOB

Chronos

Major
Had anyone else found the trade post has more higher level kit, which costs faction?
Yes, now I have more or less the same number of weapons and same quality, but before just the two or three best ones were available to buy with favour, now there are easily 6-7, therefore the options for buying with credits are reduced :(

I think being able to buy items with favour is good (both for players and developers) but I think that shouldn't reduce the options for buying them with credits, having both a credits and favour cost and being able to use the currency you want would be more reasonable.

Ewan Lamont

Administrator
Staff member
There has been no reduction in the kit available for credits. This has always been based on the intelligence and skills of guys sent to the tech bazaar. The favour only items are selected at random from items that you could have got at the tech bazaar (a 1% chance or higher of appearing) but failed the rng check and so are likely to be the rarer items.

Ewan Lamont

Administrator
Staff member
WE
Very much this. With the previous system I played at least one turf a day. After playing with the new system for a week I've stopped playing. The idea is not bad, but as @smashingorangeybit said, I barely get anything interesting apart from favour (for new gangs maybe it is a good deal but for experienced gangs it doesn't seem so).

But even with rewards not being that good the thing that has make me not playing these last days is the reset system... You cannot open the reward until 20 hours have passed, but then you only have 4 hours or they got reset? It already has reset twice for me cause I didn't get anything interesting so I delayed the decision and when I went back the rewards had been reseted already. I think it should reset if 24 pass from the last time you fight a guilder mission, not if 24 hours pass from the last time you opened a reward, the way it is now doesn't make any sense to me.

I will still play from time to time as I like the game, but I won't play everyday. I think this new system it is quite more punishing than rewarding :(
We can certainly look at changing the thresholds on the reset system for the daily reward. What sort of timescale does everyone feel is reasonable for the daily reward before it should reset?

Chronos

Major
There has been no reduction in the kit available for credits. This has always been based on the intelligence and skills of guys sent to the tech bazaar. The favour only items are selected at random from items that you could have got at the tech bazaar (a 1% chance or higher of appearing) but failed the rng check and so are likely to be the rarer items.
Well that's quite weird then... I haven't changed my tech bazaar asigned gangers for a lot of time (months with the same setup, same skills and equipment) and the items I got were quite consistent until the last update (having easily twice as many favour items). And it has been that way maybe 10 times since then, so I assumed that was something that was changed, so when @smashingorangeybit said he noticed the same behaviour I thought it had been deliberately changed that way :confused:

I must recognize however that I haven't played the last few days, so maybe it has changed or I just hit a bad RNG strike, but there were to many hints that pointed to that mechanism having being changed.

Intriguing. If it's randomly done (& like @Chronos, my tech bazaar squad hasn't changed their intelligence skill value or added the skill to see extra items), it's getting very skewed. There are more items for faction & they aren't significantly higher quality. I'm not, for example suddenly seeing melta guns at higher quality than standard & even those only appear around 50% of the time.

It was made apparent, when I wanted to purchase a higher quality grenade launcher, but they were only coming up for faction, for quite a few cycles, until 1 recently, but that's a whole different thread ;)

SOB

p.s. 'guys' sent to the tech bazaar - we're not allowed to use that term at work o:)

WE

We can certainly look at changing the thresholds on the reset system for the daily reward. What sort of timescale does everyone feel is reasonable for the daily reward before it should reset?
4 hours is definitely too short. If I complete a guilder mission before bed (bad habit I know) & the 20 hour timer is up within the next couple of hours, but more than 4 before I wake up, then I'm going to be back to the beginning.

Would 8 or 12 hours mess up your original strategy for the timings?

SOB

Padré Luke

Corporal
Yep, 8 or 12 hours or even more.. like an additional 20, maybe?
Or maybe not a full-scale reset then, just a "dropping-out-of-favour": degradation of gains, meaning the quality or quantity of Guilders' favour. (!)

Kuleczka87

Private
Screenshot_2022-01-02-23-57-12-606_com.legendarygames.necromunda.jpg
I guess I can call it overluck.
In my humble opinion warband solution could be good - reducing 20h timer after commercial. By the way I guess if we can check chance to drop favour, and other boons in % it would be easier to handle that. Also in other place I feel lack of description in this game.