Version 1.5.6 Update Questions

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Keovar, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Keovar Corporal

Message Count:
    I'm not sure what some of the update items mean.

Smeltviertel is a new area, which is cool, but how many quarters are there now? :p
    'Viertel' means 'quarter', and they're named after fish: Ruffe, Trout, Pike, Gudgeon, Smelt... 5/4ths? I guess this must be covered in GW lore material.

When I read the update notes, I thought we might be able to select map areas right from the city map itself, allowing more choices. Since that isn't it, what is different about map selection, besides one being dedicated to the campaign advancement now?

What is the power level system? Is there now a way to 'bench' healthy warband members so weaker ones can train in lower-rating missions?
  2. Amaan Shawkath Quality Assurance

Message Count:
    1. Quarters don't refer to literal 1/4. They are sections of cities.

2. There is no difference to map selection, the way in which are unlocked has been changed. So now, as you are aware, there are now campaign missions to unlock locations. There is now more locations available as in maps to play and a new unique map (Barracks/Gunnery).

3. The power level system is a new system that has been put in place to balance the game out. Instead of basing it on the number of matches you have played it now takes into account multiple factors including your units, their skills, their equipment.

4. There is a way to bench units at the moment, your request has been noted though.
    Keovar likes this.
  3. Keovar Corporal

Message Count:
    1. I know, I just thought it was funny. "Actually, It's a buck-and-a-quarter quarterstaff, but I'm not telling him that!"

3. Ah, I was thinking of 'power level' as an adverb & verb, like a more experienced character helping a newer one catch up a bit.
    Amaan Shawkath likes this.
  4. FlaminGallahs2089 Major

Message Count:
    Theres ogre armour but no ogre in the crypt?
    Is ogre not available in vampire faction or warbands below 7 members? (What conditions are there?)
    Or was the ogre armour just preping for next update?
  5. Paolo Nesti Private

Message Count:
    Hamaan Shawkath please respond us....
  6. Paolo Nesti Private

Message Count:
    Where are the ogres?
  7. Paolo Nesti Private

Message Count:
    After three days playing I can tell you what I think about new release.
    There has been a change of filosofy, now it is much more important to kill than remaining alive or getting wyrdstone.
    I don't like it... It means a lot of dead soldiers and a lot of money to be spent if you want to make a level.
    In three days I have matched the same 5 or 6 warbands... I don't like it... I don't know if this is a bug or a precise choice of the software designers but it is boring to battle the same warbands for 3/4 times... New maps are quite the same, the gunnery and the temple are quite the same as executioner's square... you have to consider that a lot of players tray to fight at the borders of map to have a covered flank. I don't like it too... Old missing maps, witch are amazing, remain lost... The campaign mode is a terrific innovation but I hope thet playing against the same warbands doesn't depends from this... I was expecting more from developers...
  8. Paolo Nesti Private

Message Count:
    Another unfunny thing.... We have four choice in the town cryer, four battle possibility... but one is lost for campaign, another is lost for pvp, the other two remaining are the only usable.
    In the first one is displayed your opponent, while this doesn't happen n the other no.
    Surprise: the opponent is the same two time on five... And always a band you have just fighted a moment ago...
  9. Prabdeep Bazaz Social Media Manager

Message Count:
    Ogres aren't in the game yet, just a little teaser for next update
  10. Amaan Shawkath Quality Assurance

Message Count:
    Paolo, what is your new power rating and warband name, it could be a lack of updated warbands around your area. The increased XP was to help lower rated characters catch up, is this what you were referring to? What old maps are you referring too, are those maps unlocked on the Map screen? The Campaign requests a warband separately that is the closest to the level of the mission.
  11. Amaan Shawkath Quality Assurance

Message Count:
    The ogres are still in the works, currently being tested in beta. The ogre equipment managed to slip through the cracks on release, so take it as a little easter egg ;)

When released, the Ogres will be available to every warband apart from the Skaven.
  12. Paolo Nesti Private

Message Count:
    Hallo Aman, I answer you about you questione.
    Name of warband Luther Flamestrike, about 1280 points. It is one the 20 warbands I have... The one with a magician as leader.
    We talk about it just one week ago. The problem remains today too.
  13. Paolo Nesti Private

Message Count:
    The map, witch I was refering to, was the old "imperial stables" and the old cemetery. That maps, in my game, are lost since an year. Consider that I play with a lot of warbands from 6 points to 3500 points. I was talking of them in another post, in witch I had put some images of them. The name of the discussion was "new maps".
  14. Paolo Nesti Private

Message Count:
    I understand all the benefis becoming to the the lower level characters, but for me the philosofy of the game is to remain alive firts of all, as in the board game. Surviving a scenario i too much undearated if related to a killing. The same for getting wyrdstone.
  15. Paolo Nesti Private

Message Count:
    Howether the first two are the real problems. I have lost two funny maps and I play always the same battles. How it is possible?