War "dog"

I guess my only problem with the pets is this: do the Human Mercenaries even need ratwardogs? Human Mercenaries are already a strong warband. Skaven need lots of giant rats to fill out their warband and give it mass. Why not just keep wardogs for witch hunters and by the time the Witch Hunters are finally ready I assume there will be enough development put in so they won't look like giant rat dogs? Hopefully maybe?

Salj

Major
only the leader can upgrade to get a war dog, another item you need to get from the shop, every skaven can have a pet rat by default once you get it from the shop at the cost of like 12-15 gold i think after cost reduction, ill upload a few photos in a short review post at some point later today.

Excellent glad to hear it. I have started my games with Giant Rats, and I have to say I like the way they have been handled so far. I look forward to seeing how they will act in combat.

I guess my only problem with the pets is this: do the Human Mercenaries even need ratwardogs? Human Mercenaries are already a strong warband. Skaven need lots of giant rats to fill out their warband and give it mass. Why not just keep wardogs for witch hunters and by the time the Witch Hunters are finally ready I assume there will be enough development put in so they won't look like giant rat dogs? Hopefully maybe?
Giant rats might be more balanced if Skaven didnt have their unique skills and weapons while also being gradually buffed. Im a bit worried that theyll eventually be game-breakers.

War Dogs as regular warband members were something Witch Hunters had, but War Dogs as a pet/piece of equipment was something Tabletop Mordheim added in a later patch.

The Skaven were already gamebreakers, even in tabletop. The only Hero I've ever seen to completely fill out all the XP on the old tatbletop roster was a Skaven assassin. So, not surprised. I think it's a fairly faithful rendition, and I really like the Skaven in the new game.

As for ratwardogs, they look a lot like the old minis, I was quite fond of the wardogs that came as standard for the witchypoos, and as equipment for Human Mercs. Another good call on behalf of the Programmer. Cheers mate.