Warband slots

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by Mahuffma, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Mahuffma Private

Message Count:
    I have purchased multiple warbands to play, but I can only use three of them. Is this an error on my part or can you only have three active bands? This makes no sense to me. I payed money to be able to play more than three bands, I should be able to play more than three warbands, right?
  2. Igenham Corporal

Message Count:
    There is a runaround for that:
    Delete the app (only do this when you are connected to the internet), all of your warbands will be saved to the cloud. Then you can reinstall it and the slots are clear (you can download you old warbands and play them too).
  3. Mahuffma Private

Message Count:
    That's both interesting and frightening. So, when I click to load a warband I will get to choose any of the three as well as create a new one? I'll have to try that, thanks. We shouldn't have to do it that way though, if they want us to spend money on warbands and hired swords, we should be able to play them.
  4. Keovar Corporal

Message Count:
    You don't have to delete the app to get more than three warbands. When you are in the "Load Warband" screen, delete one of the warband slots. Then tap "Download" and you'll get a list of all the warbands you've ever deleted. I have about 30 warbands on my list, though most of them were junk that I created while searching for a captain with excellent starting stats. Honestly I wish there were a way to get rid of the excess, but for now I just use the download & delete functions to re-order the list such that the warbands I've actually played are sorted to the top of the list.

While more active slots would be great, I think 3 is okay as a minimum, since the three human mercs have the same potential in the end. The Middenheimers and Marienburgers get to start with some skills that the Reiklanders would have to earn, and of those two, I think the Middenheimer gets the stronger start. Add to that a Skaven band and an Undead one and I think you'll potentially have access to what the game has to offer. Of course, if Witch Hunters, Orks, Dwarves, etc. are added, then I hope we get a new active slot for each.
    Amaan Shawkath likes this.
  5. Keovar Corporal

Message Count:
    Devs: The 'delete' button worried me too when I first started playing.
    Perhaps the "Delete" button's text could be changed to "Unload" to make it more clear what one is actually doing? After all, you're not really deleting them, just changing which warbands are in the ready slots, putting the unloaded ones into your reserves.
    You might also change the "Load Warband" button to "Ready Warbands" to make it clearer that those three bands are the 'mission-ready' ones?
  6. Matex Private

Message Count:
    Agreed. I didn't clear my starting warband for fear of completely deleting them. They weren't any good just purely sentimental. Nice going back ablnd seeing the levels I wasted. Only deleted after find g this forum and seeing that it's not a permanent deletion.

Also starting captains/necromancers/whatever slave has should all start with the same stays. I don't mean skaven and humans starting exactly the same but I've seen people talking about creating multiple warband just to get a captain with the magical 35 stats. Seems pointless. All for non captains having random stats. Reflects how different people are but the random captain stats can hurt later on. Wish I knew about it before spending money on my undead and reikland warbands
  7. Amaan Shawkath Quality Assurance

Message Count:
    Thanks for the feedback, we'll take this into account.
  8. Shangular Major

Message Count:
    I agree that the "Delete" button should be modified to perhaps "Unload". When I first started playing I also thought that deleting would permanently delete. I still think we need an option to permanently delete to clean out warbands though.

Concerning the randomness of stats, I'm actually in favor of keeping it random. Yes, I understand the desire to have perfect stats and those players who want to invest time to re-roll are of course welcome to do so. But I assume there are others that also like the RPG feel or want a challenge and like the variability. From a gameplay perspective, variability adds to the fun of the game. If everything in the game had a 100% certainty, I think people would be bored pretty quick.