Warp Stone Buyer

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by MasterDrumer, Feb 27, 2017.

1. MasterDrumer Private

Message Count:
    I was wondering what the warp stone buyer is for? I thought that it was there so you could potentially horde your stock of warpstone waiting for a better price but the price seems to be pretty consistent.

Is there any plans to have it be like, one time warpstone is 27 gold a piece, but hey all of a sudden (after you finally gave in a sold your whole horded stock a game or two before of course :p) you finish playing a game and warpstone is 50 gold a piece.

Otherwise why not just have the warpstone convert straight into gold like it was a few updates ago?

I like the lore and immersion it brings to the game though I have to say! So even if that is the reason I'm fine with that! :)

Just something I've been wondering.
  2. Lem213 Private

Message Count:
    Maybe it is because in the tabletop game, some warbands, like the Cult or the Skaven could use the warp stone on their people to increase(or decrease) stats and abilities.
  3. Sierra19 Corporal

Message Count:
    Or so you can hoard your wyrdstone, to save up for a new member of your warband, or save up for a piece of gear you want. Plus if you don't sell your wyrdstone, maybe your benefactor will cause you to incur some sort of penalty. Remember, also, that your warband automatically gets a cut, thus removing the maintenance fee you normally have to pay your guys. The game isn't EXACTLY like the tabletop, but it's a pretty decent translation of the core game mechanics.
  4. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    I don't believe we have plans to change the consistency of the buyer, but it's worth mentioning to the rest of the team to see what they think for sure. The reason we did change it is because of lore and immersion, having the transaction become something the player does makes the goal much more apparent... and drives players to want to collect more Wyrdstone!

We are of course open to any ideas you guys may have...
  5. Jimbo Private

Message Count:
    In the tabletop, as in this, the return per stone goes down as the number of stones goes up. Given that if you lose you may not get any wyrdstone I believe the reason to horde is simply for one of these "Rainy days"
    OverWatch likes this.
  6. simmo0916 Private

Message Count:
    This is one thing I have noticed to be true to the tabletop game - The more stones, and the more members you have in your warband, the lesser amount of gold you get in return. It's all to do with having to share out the spoils with the other members of your warband!
    OverWatch likes this.
  7. etherkye Major

Message Count:
    If it wanted to be more faithful to the original game then the cost of each person would stay the same, regardless of the size of your warband, but each time you sold warpstone you'd get less of it as you'd have more mouths to feed. You'd still get less per stone as it went up though so need to find the optimum for you!
  8. Sierra19 Corporal

Message Count:
    This is an unfortunate side effect of the game design, as it isn't a direct port of the game. Plus, it gives you a reason to keep going into skirmishes, as you need that coin to get your next guy. Since your max warband size is 8 warriors, you could really kit out your guys, particularly if you play Marienburgers, based strictly on the RAW in the tabletop game.