Weight and movement reductions bug

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by Sean, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Sean Private

Message Count:
    I have an ogre in a band of Witch Hunters, though I think I have seen this problem with other members. As you can see from the screen shot, he is wearing Ogre Plate, weight 3, and does not have the Armour wearing skill, but his movement is only being reduced by 1, not 3. Not that I'm complaining! :p. Anyone else seen this?

Attached Files:

2. Trapsinger Major

Message Count:
    Weight and movement is a little confusing, but it is working correctly. The first move number is walk and the second is run and weight effects it like this:

Walk/run

Weight 0 - speed 0/0
    Weight 1 - speed 0/-1
    Weight 2 - speed 0/-2
    Weight 3 - speed -1/-1
    Weight 4 - speed -1/-2

Currently there is no way to get to weight five. Armour training reduces weight by three and Sprint increases speed by +1/+1.

I hope that helps.
  3. Sean Private

Message Count:
    Ah, thanks very much for explaining! Yes, that is confusing, I naively thought the weight was the penalty to your movement:)
    Now I see that in some cases it may be better to have a weight 3 item than a weight 2 item..
  4. Trapsinger Major

Message Count:
    I've never found a situation in which i would prefer weight 3 over two. Is there one I haven't thought of? Weight 2 and weight 3 give you the same total move (walk+run) for when you want to cover distance, but weight 2 leaves more of it in the walking portion so you can move a greater percentage of the distance and still retain the ability to shoot or hide.
  5. Sean Private

Message Count:
    From my experience with this Witch Hunter band, my Zealot with Coat and Cuirass (Weight 2) definitely has less total move than the rest, though I'm not sure if any currently have Weight 3 without also having Armour Training..
    I really wish the Witch Hunters had access to better Helmets, but that's an aside..
  6. Trapsinger Major

Message Count:
    I, too, wanted better helmets at first, but I'm sort of settling into it. I like that because the defense on the helmets is so low that I feel like I actually can wear all the choices without penalizing myself. to get defense 5 you have to suck an initiative penalty, after that you can get 3, but with no other stats, and if you are willing to go down to 2 you can get bonus leadership, and those all seem viable for different reasons.

In my mercenaries groups i only ever wore the visored helm cause the defense was so much higher and it didn't have a penalty. so all the other cool hats were lost on me