What’s your standard equipment?

I tend to have all my units equipped with Lantern, Rope & Hook, Elven Cloak and Lucky Charm. I also used to have Blunderbuss, but I realised it was more useful at low levels (my Warband is Marienburg, 100% range and magic). So I replaced it with Lucky Charm.

I’m now at this point where I’m considering consumables, like Healing Herbs, Hunting Arrows and Blackpowder...

But what should I remove? And, are consumables worth it?

Erkebrand

Major
I use the same combination but instead of lantern I give healing herbs to my guys, you don't need lanterns on every charter, if they walk together you don't get any benefit. I give a lantern instead of an elven cloack to my highest initiative guy,

With healing herbs there is not much risk of losing guys, just use them if it's needed, 30 good coins isn't a big fortune compared with losing a valuable member. If they are close to stun I use the herbs. I try to get at least another 5-10 herbs in my storage, cause many times you can't buy after each battle.

lucky charm , elven cloak , rope and hook , blunderbuss( melle or close shooters (reapeter gun,or pistols) or lamp on my scout , one use item (cap , so he call reatreat after using all his actions ), i m to gready to use one use items

CzaRus

Major
Any chance of you guys posting the cheese, facts or exploits with consumables? No? Ok.....
Mandrake root gives +15 D, is still ignored by bludgeoning implements but may cause your character with 90 D to be 90% sword, axe and bulletproof. D cap is 90 otherwise, you woukd be 75% proof.
Dark Venom is great for killing Vampires (or Ogres) that dont use two handed weapons, and many times as usefull against wizards, especially warlocks that want to screw your marksmen in melee.
Cloak is useless up close against pistols, but still mitigates throwables.
Blundeebuss can only target foes up to 16 squares (=8/8 move), but will hurt everything in the target line, abused a lot by everyone.
Superior blackpowder seems to add more than +10 S to guns.
Blessed water (unless used by a pistollier to deliver a final blow) and black lotus (why does it even exist?) are both totally useless, better use dark venom.
Rope and hook totally worth it, you should use it on every model possible.
If you give an elf a lantern, max I, ithilmar sword, halfling mask and morrs lantern you can detect skaven up to 18 squares at least, many times it is more, but may be less, hard to calculate accuratelly.

Wish there was more, or that some were at least moderatelly usefull (looking at you, black lotus with +20% crit)

Any chance of you guys posting the cheese, facts or exploits with consumables? No? Ok.....
Mandrake root gives +15 D, is still ignored by bludgeoning implements but may cause your character with 90 D to be 90% sword, axe and bulletproof. D cap is 90 otherwise, you woukd be 75% proof.
Dark Venom is great for killing Vampires (or Ogres) that dont use two handed weapons, and many times as usefull against wizards, especially warlocks that want to screw your marksmen in melee.
Cloak is useless up close against pistols, but still mitigates throwables.
Blundeebuss can only target foes up to 16 squares (=8/8 move), but will hurt everything in the target line, abused a lot by everyone.
Superior blackpowder seems to add more than +10 S to guns.
Blessed water (unless used by a pistollier to deliver a final blow) and black lotus (why does it even exist?) are both totally useless, better use dark venom.
Rope and hook totally worth it, you should use it on every model possible.
If you give an elf a lantern, max I, ithilmar sword, halfling mask and morrs lantern you can detect skaven up to 18 squares at least, many times it is more, but may be less, hard to calculate accuratelly.

Wish there was more, or that some were at least moderatelly usefull (looking at you, black lotus with +20% crit)
You should put that somewhere on the wiki. Maybe a new page named Consumables, to which you’ll refer to from the page Strategies. Pretty please? :)

Care to explain? I haven’t tried Dark Venom (or suffered from it), and curious to understand what makes it so good in the above mentioned circumstances.

Thing is, with only 4 slots for items, after you’ve load up on Ropes & Hook, Elven Cloak and Lucky Charm, there’s only one slot left that is usually reserved for Healing Herbs or Lantern. I don’t know how I can squeeze some fancy consumables in there... How do you?

CzaRus

Major
My marksmen or pistolliers sometimes use it. Dark venom causes damage over time, if target fails strenght test, it does damage. The more turns, the better for the one who used it. Say a max WS warlock flies to your marienburg sniper team of 2 (away from the rest for some reason) and since you both skipped turns, he has to go first or never. So he goes melee 1vs2, he has high Ld so he should not fail All Alone. Now you move. You know that yar band is too far away, running is not an option bcs f.e. he blocks a ladder. You proceed to use Dark Venom. You might not cause extreme damage with your ithilmar swords, but you do some with 1 attack each model and you poison him. The next turn he should cast flame sword and rip you apart, but wait! He starts to lose Wounds. Now he has 2 options: continue to engage marksmen or panic and fly away. Say he fails to cast and stays to fight. Recieves next 2 hits, his band needs his support but he can do little now, and his health still drains. There is nothing he can really do now, he flies away in hopes of routing before he dies of poison.
In case of Ogres, it is simply an optional damage multiplier, since Ogres have high S and are likely to pass the test, crimson shade nay be a better idea.

The magic of the dark venom is about up to rank 1000, then only optional. The model who uses it will poison every model he attacks in melee, so you can poison whole of the enemy band and drain them quickly. Nice to farm XP on a weak/low level model, too.

Care to explain? I haven’t tried Dark Venom (or suffered from it), and curious to understand what makes it so good in the above mentioned circumstances.

Thing is, with only 4 slots for items, after you’ve load up on Ropes & Hook, Elven Cloak and Lucky Charm, there’s only one slot left that is usually reserved for Healing Herbs or Lantern. I don’t know how I can squeeze some fancy consumables in there... How do you?
dark venom grants +10 streangt to user + unit wounded by user need to pass strenght test or suffer 1 wound each turn , some units are imune to that efect (zombies ,vamp and ghouls or users of tears of shalye )

black lotus+ base 15+ 10 strike to injure + hammer of sigmar spell+ sigmarite hammer= 90 chance to crit with a hammer 20 max enemy def with hight str. = ere cometh banhammer!

muhahahahahahahahahah

dark venom grants +10 streangt to user + unit wounded by user need to pass strenght test or suffer 1 wound each turn , some units are imune to that efect (zombies ,vamp and ghouls or users of tears of shalye )
I understand that... I just don’t get why it is so good against the specific units that were mentioned. I mean, 1 wound per turn... combat is likely to be over before it amounts to something significant, no?

CzaRus

Major
Simply put, it is a good damage multiplier when f.e. facing high D and high WS enemy or you just need to force your opponent to flee or rush in order to not lose the poisoned model. It has great psychological aspect.

Simply put, it is a good damage multiplier when f.e. facing high D and high WS enemy or you just need to force your opponent to flee or rush in order to not lose the poisoned model. It has great psychological aspect.
I guess it depends on who the player is. That game against Linx Plantinus that I described in another thread, he used poison against me. I just ignored it and played my plan. It worked fine. It was a though game, but not because of this

CzaRus

Major
It is RNG. May work in your favour, may not as well. Had a guy firing a pistol 1% chance, and I hit that guy for 6 dmg crit, instastunning him. Blunderbuss for finish off.