What are the effect of losing Reputation?

farseer

Major
If i dont put anyone in Patrol, I lose 50 Rep. Is that is it? What if i dont put anyone in Patrol for say 5 games and lose 250 Rep?
What are the other negative impacts of not doing a Patrol, if any?
What are the perks of higher Rep other than unlocking more territories?

I find that I can get more XP over all, credits, and other territory benefits by putting all my gangers in Habs, Tech Bazaars, Drinking Dens, etc. Doing this makes all territories 100% battles. Then I play more games each cycle which gives me more XP for ALL my gangers (rather than the ones I only send to Patrol) and I typically gain more Rep doing this each cycle than I the 50 I lose by not doing a Patrol. Seems wrong and a way to cheat the system.

If Rep is a factor in the calculation that decides what gangs I play against, then by doing the above, I am helping keep it down and playing opponents that I may be overpowered against.

thoughts?

Shangular

Brigadier
I think the Patrol helps more of the f2p or players who are on a budget. Injuries are so common in this game and does require a good amount of favour to heal immediately. If the f2p player didn't play a patrol, then he'll probably acquire a ton of injuries that make his gang overall ineffective.

farseer

Major
I think the Patrol helps more of the f2p or players who are on a budget. Injuries are so common in this game and does require a good amount of favour to heal immediately. If the f2p player didn't play a patrol, then he'll probably acquire a ton of injuries that make his gang overall ineffective.
I'm not seeing as many as I thought we would post-beta., however, ironically the most I seem to get come from patrols.

I've pretty much stopped doing patrols altogether at this point. More guys get xp consistently, more credits overall, more guilder favor, etc by committing to everything but patrols. I actually tend to gain more rep than I lose by doing this. Rep only allows me to get more territory right? I don't need more to level up my gang. In fact my one gang that I do still commit to patrols is falling behind.

Something needs to change about not going on patrols.

Shangular

Brigadier
Maybe I just have bad luck lol. My super gang is in the Patrol so that one steam rolls opponents easily, but when my lower level gangs in the territories get attacked and some gets taken out of action, 90% of the time I get the some injury (broken bone symbol). I spend favour to heal, but I'm thinking about those you don't have that luxury. If all my battles were limited to just the Patrol, then I'd save tons of favour.

From my experience, it's actually quicker to farm reputation and credits by doing a patrol and not getting attacked in Hab and Slag Veins and keep repeating the cycle. Yes, you could net more Rep and Credit if you fight every single territory, but it does take more time to do so. But I do see what you're saying.

farseer

Major
Maybe I just have bad luck lol. My super gang is in the Patrol so that one steam rolls opponents easily, but when my lower level gangs in the territories get attacked and some gets taken out of action, 90% of the time I get the some injury (broken bone symbol). I spend favour to heal, but I'm thinking about those you don't have that luxury. If all my battles were limited to just the Patrol, then I'd save tons of favour.

From my experience, it's actually quicker to farm reputation and credits by doing a patrol and not getting attacked in Hab and Slag Veins and keep repeating the cycle. Yes, you could net more Rep and Credit if you fight every single territory, but it does take more time to do so. But I do see what you're saying.
Dont know if anything changed with this last update, but anytime I do not go on patrol, Im now getting injuries much more often than not.
OR it may have been once I gained the Guilder Territory with this particular gang. That happened right after I updated. Perhaps that is a point in the game where the injury chances go up as the game's "tutorial" eases you into more things. I need to play some of my higher ranked gangs and see if injuries are now worse with no patrols as well.

As far as rep, other than gaining new territory, no need to farm it. F2P players can take their time and gain more by not patroling once they have a Hab, Tech Bazaar, Drinking Den, etc. WHo cares if their Rep goes to zero. Theres no apparent penalty.

Match ups are determined by Upkeep rating only, correct? If Rep plays into it, then a low Rep score is favorable to allow you to play lower level gangs compared to yourself. Its a way to cheat the system. If Rep Is included, or perhaps another way Rep can be of value is to lower upkeep a little if you have high Rep or a proportionate amount of Rep compared to the territories you own. example - If I have X amount of territories, perhaps if I go below the Rep threshold for that amount of territories, I pay a Upkeep surcharge. That would make me want to keep my Rep up for certain.

Last edited:
Dont know if anything changed with this last update, but anytime I do not go on patrol, Im now getting injuries much more often than not.
OR it may have been once I gained the Guilder Territory with this particular gang. That happened right after I updated. Perhaps that is a point in the game where the injury chances go up as the game's "tutorial" eases you into more things.
I thought it was once you had a rogue doc (since there's literally no way to heal anyone until you have that territory)

Match ups are determined by Upkeep rating only, correct? If Rep plays into it, then a low Rep score is favorable to allow you to play lower level gangs compared to yourself. Its a way to cheat the system. If Rep Is included....
I don't believe it's purely the upkeep although I think that's a large part of it. I seem to remember total gang rep was also a part of the matching up process with rep +/- X or Y% . I guess this is why the early launch battles had a problem - newer gangs were bound to meet up with stronger gangs who had spent a little real life moolah until the scrum separated out a bit and layers established themselves

Last edited:

Shangular

Brigadier
I believe matchups are based on power rating. But not 100% sure if Power Rating = exact Upkeep costs? Or are there other factors.

In terms of the Patrol, for the f2p player, gaining new territories is also needed to level up Guilders to gain more favour, Hab and Slag to get more credits, and Tech Bazaar to get more gear by credit vs buying with favour, and unlocking the Scrap Yard so you can level up without paying favour.

There is more than one way to build up a gang so again, I can see both options (Patrol or no Patrol).