Which Warband do you consider is the best?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Cyberaddict, Jun 1, 2020.

?

Which Warband do you consider is the best?

Reikland Mercenaries 3 vote(s) 25.0%
Middenheim Mercenaries 1 vote(s) 8.3%
Marienburg Mercenaries 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Skaven 4 vote(s) 33.3%
Undead 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Witch Hunters 1 vote(s) 8.3%
Sisters of Sigmar 2 vote(s) 16.7%
Possessed 1 vote(s) 8.3%
Dwarf Treasure Hunters 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    How so? Marienburgers have 300 gold to spend upon creation (instead of 200). This means more Henchmen (good clones, hopefully) with better gear. I usually spend the first skill points in Initiative, Sprint, Hide in Shadows. Hidden Marksmen that attack twice in melee, thanks to Alpha Strike, is quite strong (they should have dealt damage at range before the enemy forces melee combat). Then, I focus in ranged skills and Ambush.
  2. CzaRus Major

Message Count:

Well first off you can only clone a model 4x (cap + 3), 200 gold is enough and you still got 25 spare. 300 is nice, but not game changing, starting gear matters very little.
    Second, you do not want (you can if you like) to spam Marienburg like you do Skaven, you will be better off playing as Skaven then.
    Thirdly, Reikland marksmen start with +5 BS, so faster quick shot and hunter. Combined with full dual pistols......
    Of course both have pros and cons, I just state the fact that Reikland is stronger with pistols than Marienburg, since you will be engaging in close combat and Str skills are WAY more usefull than Speed skills (Fearsome vs Hidden?).
    Advantege of Alpha Strike is instantly lost if Reikland skips turns too. As if there was none.
    Reik = stronger pistolliers
    Marienburg = stronger snipers
    Reik will also have a better time facing Ld tests because of Faction Leader ability +6 LD range
  3. Shangular Brigadier

Message Count:
    The above is a good to example that when you say "best", best at which level. I was voting based on end game. If I had to vote at low level, then I'd vote Skaven as the best and Reiklanders as the best mercs given that they have cheaper weight skills that can be effective against low level opponents.

The debate vs mercs, is that yes, end game, Marienburg will be better because they get access to speed skills which lets them be unstunnable and good snipers. But in the low levels, sniper guns inflate your rating quite a bit whereas pistols don't. Having guys that can charge and get 2-3 attacks at low levels (dual pistols) is effective.
    CzaRus likes this.