Which Warband do you consider is the best?

Which Warband do you consider is the best?

• Total voters
How so? Marienburgers have 300 gold to spend upon creation (instead of 200). This means more Henchmen (good clones, hopefully) with better gear. I usually spend the first skill points in Initiative, Sprint, Hide in Shadows. Hidden Marksmen that attack twice in melee, thanks to Alpha Strike, is quite strong (they should have dealt damage at range before the enemy forces melee combat). Then, I focus in ranged skills and Ambush.

CzaRus

Major
How so? Marienburgers have 300 gold to spend upon creation (instead of 200). This means more Henchmen (good clones, hopefully) with better gear. I usually spend the first skill points in Initiative, Sprint, Hide in Shadows. Hidden Marksmen that attack twice in melee, thanks to Alpha Strike, is quite strong (they should have dealt damage at range before the enemy forces melee combat). Then, I focus in ranged skills and Ambush.

Well first off you can only clone a model 4x (cap + 3), 200 gold is enough and you still got 25 spare. 300 is nice, but not game changing, starting gear matters very little.
Second, you do not want (you can if you like) to spam Marienburg like you do Skaven, you will be better off playing as Skaven then.
Thirdly, Reikland marksmen start with +5 BS, so faster quick shot and hunter. Combined with full dual pistols......
Of course both have pros and cons, I just state the fact that Reikland is stronger with pistols than Marienburg, since you will be engaging in close combat and Str skills are WAY more usefull than Speed skills (Fearsome vs Hidden?).
Advantege of Alpha Strike is instantly lost if Reikland skips turns too. As if there was none.
Reik = stronger pistolliers
Marienburg = stronger snipers
Reik will also have a better time facing Ld tests because of Faction Leader ability +6 LD range

Shangular

Brigadier
The above is a good to example that when you say "best", best at which level. I was voting based on end game. If I had to vote at low level, then I'd vote Skaven as the best and Reiklanders as the best mercs given that they have cheaper weight skills that can be effective against low level opponents.

The debate vs mercs, is that yes, end game, Marienburg will be better because they get access to speed skills which lets them be unstunnable and good snipers. But in the low levels, sniper guns inflate your rating quite a bit whereas pistols don't. Having guys that can charge and get 2-3 attacks at low levels (dual pistols) is effective.

Shangular

Brigadier
As I've been playing my Sisters warband - Hey Soul Sista, I think at low - mid levels, they are the best, not Skaven. (1,000 rating range)

Mine are armed with whips (who doesn't like playing with women with whips, chains, and leather, well perhaps leather can be a customization option in the future), but these gals roll over any warband they've faced. Whips are awesome in that they give you a 4 close combat range. What this means is that even if an opponent tries to block a ladder, they are still hittable and since most opponents only have a close combat range of 1, after you engage an opponent in close combat at the 4 range, when they try to close in, you get a free strike from the Quick Reaction skill. This is great when you have 3 - 4 sisters in whip close combat as you'll get that many additional free strikes when the opponent tries to charge. Whips work wonders on warbands like Skaven and Merc wizard captains who have no armor.

I've faced 4 elf sniper warbands as power gamers use that build as a meta, even one that had a 2,200 rating vs my 1,200 rated Sisters, but really no problem, matches weren't even close. Keep in mind that Sisters have the skill to get an additional -20 to hit vs missile, so total -50 penalty when shooting at them thus they don't take much damage even against 4 elves. This also applies to those Skaven with throwing stars as they are now laughable to these gals With Sprint and Whip range, Sisters can get into close combat quick.

The only weakness is lack of access to a warrior with the Flight spell ability, so since Treasure Hunt is the most common PvP scenario, those can be difficult if the opponent starts close to the chest and just flies in and runs away.

Haven't had a chance to test this at high level PvP but perhaps there it will even out.

Last edited: