Who Wants a Face Full of Arrows?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by morjax, Aug 26, 2016.

1. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:

I actually deliberately left him down to goad the AI (and I'm glad I did, because the AI just huddled in cover like a bunch of non-pincushions. I had to move my ground level unit and one or two more to flank. Even as it was, I paid my dues with a long match. Something like 14 or 15 rounds.
  2. etherkye Major

Message Count:
    Damn, so thats what post match looked like in beta?
  3. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:

Indeed it did! The game has been getting better and better :)
  4. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Lots of tweaking during the beta! We definitely plan on adding more to the game and tweaking aspects based on the feedback we get. During testing stages we thankfully had a lot of testers getting involved and leaving us lots of really cool suggestions.

If you go further back into the archives you'll see one of the very first maps to go into the game. I must admit, we aren't sad to see it go.
  5. etherkye Major

Message Count:
    To be honest stating how much stone they got and they the money they achieved might be better then what we currently have.

I have 34 stones in storage doing nothing at all. (Can I buy some fate with them, I just got -6WS!)
  6. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    We do essentially have that in place already! It's just a much nicer results screen, and clearer then what the old system was by far.

A nice idea... worth taking note of. I can safely say I never hoard Wyrdstone, I never get the opportunity to! Too strapped on gold crowns to even think about doing that.
  7. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:

Is there a reason to hang on to wyrdstone? In the tabletop, sometimes you'd hang on to it because the price stepped down if you did 10 vs 9 stones or something like that. I think I've sold all my stones 100% of the time... could we get an auto-sell stones button (unless there's a reason to hang on to them)?
  8. etherkye Major

Message Count:
    Sell 1 stone and you get 22 gold. Sell 2 and you get 29 gold.

The difference between the amount you get goes up past 7 stone and alternates between 11 and 12 gold per stone.

So you should never sell 2-6 stones!

(I once sold 25 in one go and bought lots of tasty armour)
    OverWatch likes this.
  9. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    At the moment it's more so for when you're having a rainy day. Saving your Wyrdstone isn't all that bad... especially if you run into some bother in the future (e.g. get robbed) and need some gold on demand.

Your suggestion has been duly noted though! Will get back to you when the team have had time to mull over all the suggestions...