Why poor vision for dwarves?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Muggins37, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Muggins37 Private

Message Count:
    Why do dwarven warbands suffer from really poor vision? Seems pointless having marksmen who can't see within the range of the weapon they intend to fire. Even worse is when an opponent with 4 movement disengages in melee can easily disappear from view in open ground, despite the dwarves not wearing vision impaired helmets and carrying lanterns. Besides they're supposed to see in the dark.
  2. CzaRus Major

Message Count:
    Initiative. Seems stupid to me that it reflexts both speed and sight. If it was all about the reflexes, I would give Ogres 25 max I and Dwarves 35 max I, but that's just me. You gotta upgrade Initiative and get the Eagle Eyes skill from the ranged tree.
    Cyberaddict likes this.
  3. Shangular Brigadier

Message Count:
    Another theory is that they are just too short to see over the wall/fence. Perhaps we could add those booster steps next to fences so they can see over? 06082AC4-739C-4518-8BBF-C409CF451548.jpeg
    Blackstaff and CzaRus like this.
  4. Erkebrand Major

Message Count:
    You are all wrong, it's cause they're too greedy and are looking for shards, or trying to find gold coins on the floor, is something innate on them. They are blind for anything else.

Jokes away, there should be a minimum range of sight for anyone (not affected by initiative), and dwarfs should have some skill to be able to see a bit further. They are supposed to see in the dark (edit: owl eyes instead of eagle eyes for them?)
    Blackstaff and CzaRus like this.