Will you gild your armour?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Double Misfire, Feb 4, 2019.

?

Armour and helmet gilding, will you use it?

For sure! 4 vote(s) 40.0%
Maybe on a few warriors for variety's sake now everyone's wearing gromril 3 vote(s) 30.0%
I'm currently undecided 2 vote(s) 20.0%
Nope 1 vote(s) 10.0%
  1. Double Misfire Major

Message Count:
    Being able to pay fate to 'gild' armour and helmets, cosmetically upgrading it debuts in the current beta. Costing between 1 and 5 fate per item, a gilded piece of armour or helmet gets a funky gold trim on its details and belt buckles (much like the suit of gromril armour worn by the Reiklander faction agent).

Do you think you'll spend fate to gild armour pieces when the option goes live in the main game?
  2. Trapsinger Brigadier

Message Count:
    To me, the best aspect of this new feature is that if you dismiss a dead trooper who was wearing gilded armor, you get to keep the armor. It automatically unequips and drops into your stored inventory, allowing a piece of gilded armor to be effectively locked to your warband. Even if the gilding was hideous I would use it for this item locking aspect. But it's not hideous at all, it looks amazing, especially on witch hunters.
    Double Misfire likes this.
  3. Double Misfire Major

Message Count:

That's pretty handy, it means I can kit new warriors out in expensive suits of armour without worrying about them dying if they haven't leveled up enough times to worry about hiring back. :D
  4. Shangular Major

Message Count:
    Love customization. The more the merrier. Can we have more animal fur armor for Middenheimers, some horned helmets as cosmetic options?
    Jesse Shaffer and Double Misfire like this.
  5. Double Misfire Major

Message Count:

Horned helmets have always been more of a Norse/Chaos aesthetic than an Ulrican/Middeneimer one.

Real devotees of Ulric go into battle without helmets (some steel circlets would be a nice option, there have been a few Middenheim models wearing them over the years and they crop up in art a lot).

Real Middenheimers of course go to battle with a scale model of a tiny castle on their heads. ;)

[IMG]
  6. Fistandantilus Corporal

Message Count:
    Yeah, more things like this would be fabtastic, Cool if Could have some standard bearer no game value just coolness, maybe some more customizable options for colors, instead of two, etc,

Would be cool too buying gilded weapons for a hero, either a specific one, of just all ones he equips. Silvered and golden hammer axes swords , and since we know we r taken some liberties from true lore, how a out some “magic” items either with real effects, of just cosmetic. Flameng sword, or blueish aura for cold etc. electric ⚡️

But yeah, could sell package themed skins, no reason mercenaries warband couldnt be a chaos corrupted one, in Khorne style etc.
    Guess vampires could get a theme bloodline, skaven clan etc.

*** BUT I really like to pay you for new warbands after sisters and possesed, DWARFs!!!! Treasure hunters, try a elf hiresword, before a elve warband.
    Jesse Shaffer likes this.