World Map Changes

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Jemma, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Jemma Corporal

Message Count:
    Pretty soon you can expect to see significant changes to the world map of Year 0. The new expanded world map will show not only the territories and zones surrounding your bunker that you need to conquer and defend, but will also enable you to come into direct conflict with other invading players.

We think that adding this feature will create better opportunities for multi-player conflicts and player matching, as at least seven players of a similar level/ranking to you will be placed nearby on the zone you are currently in. Seeing other players on your own world map could possibly spur you on to defend your own zones more and the threat of invasion will make you think twice about how you and your friends use your resources to best each other or join forces.

Here is a preview of the new world map:

[IMG]

Hopefully these changes to the world map will make a significant difference to the overall feel of Year 0 and will result in a better multi-player experience.
  2. Key-Smasher_H.I Private

Message Count:
    I think the whole territory system should be more like Planetside 2, maybe?
  3. Nic Corporal

Message Count:
    Jemma,

Maybe a stupid question but the blue lines, is that different teams. The blue circles are yours and the others are other players?
  4. Jemma Corporal

Message Count:
    Hi Nic, the blue circles are the bunker and the tutorial areas that have npc's in them. The blue lines are more for the way the player matching works but you won't see those in game. I'm going to go write a post in bugs and suggestions about the map in a moment and I'll try and explain things better there!