Wyrd League - casual PvP

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Cyberaddict, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    IMPORTANT MESSAGE :
    This is an ongoing League, but don’t worry if you join in late. We’ll help you catch up with more games and Underdog bonus.
    ——————-

I'd like to propose a very casual league for PvP, with minimal rules (re : not organised tournament). Those that are interested can get in touch on Discord and play games against other Warbands in that league. Here are the ground rules :
    1. New Warbands only, rerolls and cloning accepted.
    2. Only one Hired Sword of each type is allowed (this to avoid multi flyers and Faction travesties).
    3. All items accepted, and this includes Consumables* (even paid with Fate).
    4. Fate Points are unrestricted* in any form of use.
    5. When your team is ready, reply to this thread so a commissioner can add it to The List.
    6. You may also do like others and post the Roster and Log Book Here. But you are in no obligation to do so. To me, it’s a lot more interesting that way, but you may feel different about it.
    7. And if you’re really into it and want to create a backstory to your Warband and its Heroes, you can post the Match Results Here. It can be a very simple description, or a fleshed out story. You decide! ;)
    8. You can spend Gold to buy experience points*.
    9. Games : Only PvP, and only against Warbands registered in the League. Avoid disconnections, and play to the end.
    10. No farming vs AI, period. You can play vs AI only to unlock new locations (and play these games to win, not to farm intentionally*).
    11. Rating is not important in this League (except for the beneficiary of Underdog bonuses). You can thus develop your Warband differently than you’re used to, and take these skills that inflate your rating.
    12. Experienced Warbands are encouraged to play against the least experienced opponent available, to help their development.
    13. Discord : Use Discord (under #pvp) to set up games with your opponents.
      • https://discord.com/invite/mordheimws
      • You can also just launch a PvP game after enabling Private Games with the code « WyrdLeague ». If a league member catch it up without resorting to Discord, great! (But until we get a lot of participants, that may be far stretched...)
    14. Names : All Warband's names must use the same format "WL NAME TL_W_L".
      • Preffixe "WL" for Wyrd League (for ease of identification).
      • Suffixe "TL_TG_W" for Total Levels, Total Games and Wins. Update these quickly after each games (including vs AI to unlock locations). They’re good indications of the strength and quality of your team.
      • Example : WL Mercs of Mercia 25 12 7 (so, the Mercs of Mercia, from the Wyrd League, have played 12 games and won 7 ; number of unit is unknown, but they have a total of 25 levels).
    You can post your registration under this thread, and I'll update this opening post with all the Warbands that are participating. Also, feel free to post results of your matches here, for our entertainment of all (and this should do great marketing for the League).

* Remember that the League’s goal is Fun with Organized Play. If you abuse Consumables, Fate points and Purchased Gold in your Warband to create blatant inequalities (pay to win), opponents can just choose to ignore you and play somebody else instead. Do what you want to have fun, but be a good sport! :)

List of registered Warbands has been moved to another thread : Wyrd League - Rosters and Log Books.
  2. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    I'm submitting a Skaven Warband to the League, WL The SkAvengers 11 0 0. Just submitting your team like that will do, but if you want to add details (like I will, below), feel free to do so. :)

I wanted to recruit 4 Verminkins for 200 gold (all unarmed on first mission), but clone was in the first slot, and a Sorceror took its place after the 3rd (with the exact same stats as the clone, except for Leadership). So I paid 4 Fate to recruit it, and spent 80 gold on equipment (rating 60, can unlock new location).

STARTING ROSTER OF THE « WL The SkAvengers 11 0 0 »
    (original stats without any equipment modifiers)
    NAME______________ CLASS____ L W M A WS BS St D In Ld Crt Par
    Captain Underica . Assassin. 5 5 6 1 40 40 40 0 50 53 15% 0%
    Iron Rat . . . . . Verminkin 1 5 5 1 33 34 32 0 44 32 15% 0%
    RatEye . . . . . . Verminkin 1 5 5 1 33 34 32 0 44 32 15% 0%
    Black Ratter . . . Verminkin 1 5 5 1 33 34 32 0 44 32 15% 0%
    Dr Strange . . . . Sorceror. 3 5 5 1 33 34 32 0 44 46 15% 0%

Current roster and log book have been moved here.
  3. CzaRus Major

Message Count:
    Interesting. Although very hypocritic, as you are almost forced to buy hired swords for fate to be able to match bands such as yours, and you are restricting most consumables, even most basic balance out things such as rope and hook for some mobility or even a lantern, I am just guessing to give yar fate buffed Skaven an extra edge at sneaking upon everyone else. Jst to give an image of "pay to win" aspect of this idea.
    The band format and name is truly good tho, I like that one.
    I think a discussion on this topic on place like discord would be better before posting the form I assume you did all by yourself (splendid work on the paper, but in practice? Eeeeeh, needs some polishing).
    Just need to decide Marienburg or Middenheim lol.
  4. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    You got me wrong. Consumables are one-use items. Rope & Hook or Lantern are not consumables, so these are not banned. I'll edit the opening post to make that clear. That covers the hypocritical statement. :p

I'll be happy to play with you and welcome you in the League. :)

BTW, look at the time stamp of my opening post, and when I posted my Warband. I didn't rolled it until after I posted the ground rules, and beleive me, it took a long time to find those stats (I may have rolled close to 100 warbands to find that 175 Verminkin). So the rules aren't tailored for my Warband, just what I originally though was ok/best for casual PvP.
  5. Shangular Brigadier

Message Count:
    Hmm, wouldn't it be simpler to just agree on a PVP passcode? Then anyone who wants to PVP against people there just enter the passcode? TBH, I would prefer if Legendary could have a another checkbox for Ignore Rating. That way if you don't care about rating difference you can click on that box in the Settings and then PVP with whoever.

Idk why consumables are considered P2W given that people use gold to pay for them and easily accessible by any warband. People farm certain maps to get gold which isn't considered P2W. I'd never use Fate to purchase a consumable.
    Erkebrand likes this.
  6. Erkebrand Major

Message Count:
    I like the idea of a checkbook for ignoring rating. Interesting thing. I also like the idea of this competition, you may record some matches just to share them with the screen recorder, I have done it before.
  7. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    I know you really want to play your already developped team in PvP. But isn't it exciting to start new Warbands together? That we can then develop at relatively the same rate? The PvP challenge is a lot more rewarding that way, no? Don't let go your other Warbands, just start a new one to have fun in this League. Anyway, you'd be lucky to get more than one game per day, so you'll have plenty of time for your other Warbands. This one will just be special (and developped differently).

Revised : Consumables are now allowed. But my guess is, if player abuse these, others will be quick to stop playing against them.
  8. Shangular Brigadier

Message Count:
    Exciting?!!! Lol!!! Tbh, starting another brand new warband also seems exhausting. I've started many new warbands in the past so start yet again?

I like using my top warband to continually test it. IMO its the best warband so want to keep testing to support that hypothesis. Ever since I've added my elves, this warband has won every match so looking to find a challenging opponent. I've had challenging opponents in the past at high levels but I don't think they play anymore. Others may think their warband is the best but until I've had a chance to face it with my best, I could never agree.

Also I don't think there should be any limitation on what can be used consumables or otherwise. If Fate can be used to purchase hired swords and re-roll to get warriors with good stats, it should be able to be used to purchase anything. You can't say that re-rolling 100 times with Fate is less P2W than buying a one time potion with it. I think it's either disallow Fate usage completely or allow Fate usage with no limits. I prefer the latter.

Someone before tried to set-up several months ago but it had too many requirements where I just want to pvp and want to worry about it so I didn't play. But okay, lemme think about this one.
  9. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    I edited #3 and #4 in the OP, in light of the comments received. In the end, I want to make this League very light on rules. What I just want is a nice competitive environment with a few starting Warbands, evolving all together at about the same pace.
  10. Algirdas25 Major

Message Count:
    can we use gold to give xp to your units?
  11. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    Yes. Less rules, the better. We just want to play PvP in a lightly controlled environment. ;)

EDIT: I heavily edited the opening post, to make the basic rules easier to digest. I hope this will help everyone.
  12. Shangular Brigadier

Message Count:
    Still thinking about this. These types of leagues only work well if you have enough participation, like 10 people or more. If it's just a 2-3 people, it may be better to just Pvp like we do today.
  13. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    Jump in the boat. The more that we are, the more that will join. The more you hesitate, the more that will do as you do. At worst, you'll have created a Warband for just a couple of games. At best, you'll be among the first to start this new trend. :)

IMHO, these Warbands will be the more memorables for everyone. They'll have a shared history, and you can post about them and their missions on this forum. It will be very lively and exciting! :)

You just have to show some leadership and be among the first to join. The rest of the crowd will follow eventually. What do you have to lose? That Warband won't be deleted if the League fails, anyway.
  14. Algirdas25 Major

Message Count:
    can i have one man warband ?
  15. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    I think the strategy won't be favorable to you... You'll miss on Hired Swords if you don't reach at least 4 units... Unless you want to min/max your Captain, fully equipped and unspent gold on experience to level him up a few times? Maybe that will work... Don't know. It seems a bit cheesy, no? I'm not particularly against, nor particularly for. What do you think, yourself? Is there a loophole that can be exploit, and I fail to see? How do you think others with fair Warbands will feel against yours? If there's a potential for unfun, then it should be a big no.

What others think?

Maybe it's in the League's best interest to prevent one man warbands. Can you convince me otherwise?
  16. Skaven Warlord Private

Message Count:
    Guess I'll join in
    Warband: Skaven
    Name: Iron Squeakers 11 0 0
  17. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    Great. I'm updating the opening post right now. Thanks!
  18. Algirdas25 Major

Message Count:
    well i want to runn a naked(no gear) mutated magister , its that okay?

i will name him aspiring chaos spawn
  19. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    Alright. Let's give this a shot. We'll hate you till the end of time if it's too cheesy, but I guess you'll live well with that. :p
  20. Algirdas25 Major

Message Count: