Wyrd League - casual PvP

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Cyberaddict, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Algirdas25 Major

Message Count:
    My Warband WL Flaggelant 7 0 0
    hired new guy -25g
    sold magister armor and hat +42 g
    -180 g , training new guy

gold left 37 Raiting 16
  2. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
  3. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
  4. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    I added Shangular's Warband to the Roster's thread (in the list).
  5. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    For sake of everyone's fun, I'll let some of you have games against each other over the next few days. My Warband is getting way ahead too fast. Of course, I don't have the Underdog bonus, but I get all the gold and shards! It feels quite unfair. Next time I get a scenario like Treasure Hunt against an Underdog, I think I'll just grab the box and run away. Use that time to loot the map unhindered, you need that gold and these shards more than I do (just spent 100 gold on a new Verminkin, still have 107 in bank + 5 shards, and I started hoarding some equipment I'm not skilled yet to use). I'll be a good sport. :)
  6. Shangular Brigadier

Message Count:
    Ok, in the past I've resisted this informal leagues because there were too many restrictions and administrative effort (I'm lazy) that was being asked. For example a prior person who set one up asked players to ss each warband member, each game, each result, etc. Forget that, too much work where I just want to PVP.

I'll try this one as rules are very minimal, really the only difference I see between this and normal is the limitation of 1 hired sword type per warband.

I've been playing this game since early 2018 and have created many warbands, so to keep my interest and not feel like a chore of creating yet another new warband, I decided to apply a new warband with my next painting project (which is the old WH duelist holding the dual pistols). Hoping this keeps me inspired to continue to use this warband lol.

One suggestion I'm gonna make for this league, instead of trying to coordinate matches on Discord where people are on at different times, it would be best to agree upon a league passcode that we can use whenever we're on. Then people can PVP whenever they can without having to go through Discord.
  7. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    I like your suggestion. :)

Code would be : WyrdLeague (case sensitive).

Just make sure you disable Private Games when switching to your other Warbands. And if ever you get matched with a Warband that doesn’t belong in the League (name will tell), just disconnect before anything happens.

Seems fair?
  8. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    I added @Ashun’s Warband to the list, and edited the opening post by adding items 5-6-7, and modifying item 13
  9. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    Added @Altashheth’s Warband, The Oxley Macabre, Undead (6 0 0)
    Necromancer (dagger) Dreg (dagger) ghouls x2
  10. Altashheth Private

Message Count:
    I’ve updated my roster and added a vamp
  11. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    Thanks, and welcome to the forum! :)
  12. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    I posted my latest results in the other thread (I particularly like the ending). :)

At the moment, I’ve played two games against each of the 4 other active Warbands (total 8), and 3 games vs AI to unlock new locations (thus my ranking at 36 11 11). I’ll wait for you guys to catch up with me in number of games (try to have two against each other, if you can). In the mean time, Iron Rat will heal from his injury (broken arm, miss next battle). ;)

Also, I realized yesterday, after my game with @Gengar (Skaven) that the Blessing Of Verena creates a huge distortion in the League. I have it on, and doubled all experience points. Even though I got no basic xp for playing the mission against Underdogs, doubling what I got from Shards, Treasures and Kills put me way ahead, plus all the gold I got to recruit The Haulk and Rat Machine. So, maybe I won’t renew the Blessing when it will expire in 4-5 days.

Also, because I’ve pushed my rating with my skills and bought units, it allowed me to unlock 3 locations, which again helped me grind experience and gold.

I’ll stay on the sidelines for a few days. Hopefully, things will get more competitive when you’ll have 11 games under your belt, too.
  13. Skrit9 Private

Message Count:
    I'm down to join! While I love my Skaven, we're a little saturated in that department, so I'm running Dwarves "Grudge Council" (1 0 0). My discord is @Skrit9.
  14. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    Always happy to add a new player! I’ll add you to the list, and encourage you to have a few games with the others. Get in touch on Discord, and post your results in the appropriate thread. :)

I’m curious, however... How is it that your single unit is level 1? Aren’t Captains a bit experienced upon creation? Like humans that start level 5? Don’t you want to buy a few levels with gold? Or add a couple Henchmen? Best time to reroll for free and clone Henchmen is now, at creation. Or you intend to play your team solo? I realized that having many units can push your rating, which is a good thing - I think - in this League, because it allows you to unlock locations and get good experience against AI while doing so...

BTW, these Warbands are either solo or have solo ambitions. They’re the most likely to have a low rating so you can have reasonable games with them. Once you get a few levels, or if you’re really confident, you can get games with one of the Skaven teams, or the Undead (that already have a Vampire).
    • Flaggelant, Possessed by @Algirdas25 (Rag the not so aspiring champion).
    • The Exiled, Marienburger by @Shangular (Shangeroo).
    Have fun! :D
  15. Skrit9 Private

Message Count:
    Dwarf Nobles only start with one level... but we need a win somewhere cause we're so slow, so devs, please don't change :D I'll add people as I go, I'm just a poor college student with no money for fate so I can't re-roll the tavern and there was nobody worthwhile there. I'll probably get smeared the first couple games and then catch up once I can afford things
  16. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    Check out the first two items here :
    https://mordheim-warband-skirmish.fandom.com/wiki/Strategies

You'll learn how to reroll (for free ; can only be done at creation of Warband), and how to clone that perfect Henchman. Others kwow well this exploit, and you may want to benefit from it right now, before first game.
  17. Skrit9 Private

Message Count:
    Thanks! I'll go update my list
  18. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    I've done a chart to get the big picture of what is going on in the League. Some numbers are certainly wrong. If you guys can help me fix it, that would be great. Also, if you see 0 or 1 on your line, it means you have some catching up to do. :) Capture.JPG
  19. Altashheth Private

Message Count:
    So I need to meet the iron squeakers and Grudge Council and Clan Bayushi.... right, let’s do this
  20. Enajien Major

Message Count:
    Warband: WL brrrraaainsss 6 0 0
    Necromancer and 3 dregs