Wyrdstone dropping?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Enkmar, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Enkmar Private

Message Count:
    I'm just returning to the game, and wow! I finally found a match vs the undead and it was fun, very neat faction!

I have a question though. I have noticed if I kill a guy carrying wyrdstone I hear it drop but I didn't seem to pick it up. Most noticeable was in my fight vs the undead. It was a "collect all the wyrdstone" match, two stones, I got one and they got one. I was overwhelmed by undead and decided to rush their wyrdstone carrier to end the match. He died, the message said there was no wyrdstone left (still) but the match didn't end, my guy didn't pick it up and it didn't show on the ground. I even took a turn to walk onto the corpse and nothing happened.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a glitch with items dropping?

I think I've noticed if I grab a box item, and it's a bow, but that guy is killed, I still get the bow...
  2. Keovar Corporal

Message Count:
    I only started playing a bit over a week ago, and I don't think I've ever ended up with something which an enemy got to first, though I've killed them and heard the pickup sound.
  3. Trapsinger Private

Message Count:
    You are not doing anything wrong. A fix for this is being tested in the beta build now.

Also an improved AI for the computer player in regards to trying to get to the wyrdstone before you.
  4. Keovar Corporal

Message Count:
    I just got the pickup from dropping an opponent holding a shard. Maybe they fixed it, or maybe getting loot off of downed opponents still works in some situations. In this case, it was a vs. AI battle in Troutviertel Smithy, and just a regular wipe/rout, not a 'gather' mission. The enemy was the last of his band, and he was standing slightly above me on some stairs. If the maps and mobiles are done in true 3D, maybe the game tries to place the shard at th downed character's feet but misses a bit, putting it under the terrain?
  5. Viki Private

Message Count:
    Methinks that trouble is with random placing of dropped items. Just like with dead bodies they can fall into the wall, box or other terrain feature. And sometimes they just go underground or fall into dust.
    Magic. Witch Hunters should do something 'bout that.